Running distance during calibration not counting

(E & J Lindauer WBR) #1

Recently I’ve noticed an annoying change while running on Zwift: when I go through a calibration (to sync my treadmill speed to Zwift by running for 1 minute at a pre-determined pace) the distance I run during the calibration no longer counts towards my total. This makes absolutely no sense, I’m running while calibrating, why wouldn’t I want to count that distance??? It used to count that distance into my run, and it’s an entire minute, which can create a serious discrepancy between the treadmill and Zwift (especially if I feel like I need to do it again, which happens a lot). Please fix this back to the way it was, I can’t think of a single reason why someone wouldn’t want that time they spend running to be counted in their total distance. If it matters I use an iPad air 2 for running on Zwift. 

(Paul Allen) #2

You shouldn’t need to calibrate every run, what foot pod are you using?

(E & J Lindauer WBR) #3

My wife uses it a lot so we have to calibrate again when we switch. Either way, it should still count even if it’s just once. It’s still part of the run.

(Josie (Zwift HQ)) #4

Hey there,

We did make a change in that flow since we wanted it to match with cycling calibrations.