RUNN elevation calculation

One month into using my RUNN and I’ve been super happy. Pacing has matched well with what my treadmill is saying and it’s been very consistent connection wise. Just wondering if any one else is getting absurd elevation calculations on the data exports. Even if I run on the may field with 0.0 elevation on the treadmill it records something like 1,000m per hour of running when the workout gets sent to strava and peaks. I contacted zwift tech support and I was told there was nothing that could be done. Wondering if it’s my unit or if there might be a firmware upgrade to fix the issue.

20.79km run today had 1,541m of elevation for example.

I noticed the same thing even though my treadmill reads -0.5 and it’s zero when using a level.

1 Like

Hi @Brad_Reiter_teamLPC welcome to Zwift forums!

Thanks for flagging that up to us, and I see the support email conversation you had. The power of the forum is such that it’s easier to see hidden issues when others corroborate. We’ll investigate, thank you.

1 Like

@Brad_Reiter_teamLPC would you please confirm that you’ve checked your treadmill deck with a bubble level (either phone app or actual tool)?

@Paul_Allen Where does the -0.5 read? On the treadmill display, or in the game app?

@Brad_Reiter_teamLPC

The RUNN elevation comes from the treadmill incline, not the in-game terrain. So several questions:

1. Please verify with a bubble level that the tread deck is indeed level.
  2. Please verify that the RUNN itself is installed level on that level deck. If the RUNN is mounted askew, then it will read as though you were on an incline.

1541 / 2079 meters = 7.4% gradient = 4.2 degrees. A bump in the adhesive mounting tape can tilt the RUNN unit 4 degrees. Would you check these things and let us know what you find?

Before each run I verify that the treadmill deck is level by putting a 4 foot level on it. When I do this my treadmill reads -0.5.

I will check to ensure that the Runn is not askew.

hello friend! i have the same issue. Nothing help. Whats more - when i connect by bluetooth (by speed sensor and footpod) it showing impossible too big incline (i run flat in real) , cadence and right speed when and when i connect by ant plus ( both too - speed and footpod) it showing only speed, no cadence, no incline. Whats wrong?

Hello @Krzysiek_Przyby_l_ow welcome to Zwift forums.

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. I looked at your sessions for the past month where a run speed sensor was connected. During most of those sessions, a footpod identified as “Footpod (Mfg 66 - Model 1)” was connected, not the RUNN. Is this a Garmin footpod, or some other brand?

On the two occasions that the RUNN was connected (March 19 and 22), it was paired via Bluetooth, not ANT. During these two sesssions, a USB ANT dongle was present. Please check that the dongle is configured correctly to your computer. It may be possible that’s the problem?

Once the dongle is configured correctly, please unpair all the sensors, then re-connect the RUNN carefully. The game app will reconnect to the sensors you used last time, if they are present.

Please also check North Pole Engineerin’s support site for help with calibration questions.

Friend, in the past i was having compatibile treadmill from kettler. Now i must change treadmill and sesion from two weeks ago always only by RUNN, i don’t have any other footpood.yesterday run was recording for runn by ant + for sure as speed and as footpod for sure(but no send any cadence and elevation) With ant plus antenna for sure all is ok, i use it for hr belt and for tacx trainer for zwift, and works perfectly.
I dont know where problem is, have written to suppport of runn. best regards

That’s very odd that you don’t have a foot pod. Some sensor is broadcasting a speed signal, and it’s being picked up as your run speed sensor.

How about bike sensors? I see some connected to the game during a run session. It should not matter that bike sensors are paired during a run session, but let’s try powering off your trainer, and perhaps removing the battery from any speed sensors you have.