Route selection scroll bar missing on Windows [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED]

This is not marked as fixed it is just a solution so that people can continue using Zwift while Zwift is fixing the bug.

1 Like

I’m still wondering what sort of SQA will let object changes like this fly by into production release.

You do get the “this topic has been solved, only reply here if…” warning when posting. So it is marked as solved.

1 Like

I lost ability to scroll through routes to find a route to do. Only a small portion of routes are available m

1 Like

Hi Mark. The scroll bar has gone missing, but you can still move through the full list. Assuming you’re using a PC or Mac, using a mouse scroll wheel, left-clicking and dragging and two finger gesture scrolling all still work. If you’re using a touchscreen device you should be able to drag the list up and down like normal. On Apple TV I expect it’s no different to usual.

List scroll bars have become a universal visual cue that says: there’s a list here, it’s longer than what you see on the screen, it’s about this long, and you’re about there in the list. All that with one visual element.

Why would anyone remove such a visual cue is beyond me. Apart from some clumsy finger hitting a delete button before sending an unverified software release to a group of blind testers, that is.

4 Likes

So lame. Checking the forums before I ride to see what works and what doesn’t.

merci à vous, cela ne fonctionne pas avec le pavé tactile de mon laptop par contre avec le scroll de la souris tout est OK
Ride ON !!

1 Like

Exact same issue for me. Just found out from this Forum thread that I can navigate via my touch screen. It’s a work-around…

Any update in the scroll bar for route choices?

@shooj This is now an issue on Mac too since the update 1.18.2.

:man_facepalming:

When I start Zwift, I cannot choose all routes. The side scroll bar is missing (see picture)

I’m zwifting for 2 years and never had this problem.
I removed zwift and reinstal, still the same problem.

Is this a known isue?
How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Lander

This is a known issue and I assume Zwift is working on a fix. You should be able to still scroll using a trackpad or mouse.

Well they’re not working very hard, still not sorted after 20 odd days.

1 Like

I would assume if they have a fix it will only be in the next update since it is not a critical issue.

1 Like

Noticed today an update to version 1.18.3 on Mac (I may have been checking to see if ShinKyo was released yet) and the scroll bar is back on the route selection screen. Is this fixed on Windows too?

Neokyo, I’m guessing is going to be released tomorrow(could be different depending on where in the world you live in), I believe 1.18.3 was a Mac only update.

Good news - looks like the bar is back in Windows!

1 Like

Hey all - this scroll bar bug on Windows has been fixed in game version 1.19.0.

1 Like