Route not credited

Last 2 runs on the same route (Queen’s Highway) and have definitely run the route as the status bar said route completed. Neither run appears to have the green icon on the homepage.

Thinking about it, I don’t think I got the route badge for the two previous runs. Is there something I’m missing here?

Hi @Andy_Hay_TTC

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having this issue. I took a look at your last couple runs and there seems to be some connection issues between your heart rate and with our servers being logged on each run. Did you encounter any issues during your last two runs, such as errors popping up?

May want to look at the connection with your heart rate and make sure that there’s nothing interfering with that signal. As for connection with our servers. Try resetting your router/modem or using a different connection, either switching from wifi to using mobile data, or vice versa.

As for that route not unlocking the badge, I can see that you unlocked that badge on 11/16/2021 so it won’t unlock a second time.

Let us know if you have any other questions.