Riders Stuttering Back and Forth in Pacer Rides; Large Groups [November 2022]

Windows 11 / PC. Worked perfectly until Urukazi update.

Spec:
i5 12600KF, Gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA, 32gb DDR5, GTX 1660Ti

Better video quality found here: ZPCMR - Zwift PC Masters & Riders | Facebook

But it’s a private group so also put them on YT

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread - feel free to move)

I see you posted in the more relevant thread too, as this one is about the camera view’s being broken. @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ can you move these?

1 Like

11?

8 char

1 Like

See Edit.

1 Like

That’s exactly the same issue that I’ve been having on AppleTV. Seems like its therefore not entirely just affecting AppleTV and its more to do with the camera angles across platforms. I’ve started just using viewing angle 3 (that’s 1st person perspective) for pace partner rides now and there is zero stuttering on that view. It’s actually pretty good view and seems to be more immersive. I can also see gradients in the road a lot better and shift gears in advance. Only problem with 1st person is that which I mentioned in my initial post about passing through other rider avatars and seeing a huge scary face drifting across my TV screen.

Oh, this morning I also confirmed that the stuttering issue isn’t evident in a normal free ride. This may just be due to not having a bunch of other riders around you, but I paid close attention to riders coming up from behind and passing me. Their avatars didn’t stutter as they were passing by. So, I’m inclined to believe that the issue is just in pace partner rides.

3 Likes

For me it’s happening in all worlds, all rides, races etc.
Drives me nuts.

Don’t want to change camera view and hoping for a permanent solution soon.

Hello all,

We are investigating this issue now. If you’re able, could you please let me know the timestamp and duration of when the issue occurred for you?

November 14, 11:43am CET, Tick Tock.
That’s when I recorded the videos shared.
But it’s happening in all worlds and all types of rides.

If you look at my logs for any recent Pace Partner rides. You will only see the initial minute or so exhibiting the issue. This is because I switch views from default viewing angle 1 (where the issue is evident) to viewing angle 3 where it’s fine. I don’t have a full ride logged that will show the issue in the logs for your root cause analysis.

I’ve been seeing the jitter in fairly large packs and pacer rides. Doesn’t seem to matter which world I’m in. London, France, Watopia, Innsbruck. Makuri is the worst though.

And the other day, descending on the paved castle route, corners were rendered in about four steps. Unwatchable, especially when you’re going fairly fast. I’ll ride it again this week and see if it happens again.

Anything further on this? Did my first large group ride in a long while (3R Endurance Steady Ride) on AppleTV 4K and when the group was bunched up at times it became unbearable to watch…mostly through the desert in Watopia. Riders behind me at the bottom of the screen were constantly flickering in and out and riders ahead of me would remain visible but at times would quickly shift side to side.

As soon as we hit any climbs or when the pace picked up and the group was a little more strung out the issue totally stopped.

This was all in the default ride view, I didn’t think to try different views to see if it helped.

This is definitely fixed for me. I’ve done quite a few pace partner rides over the past 2 weeks and the stuttering has definitely gone. I’m on AppleTV 4K.

I tried to do an update of Zwift from the App Store on the Apple TV but no updates were found. I must be on the latest version of Zwift. I think it auto updates sometimes. Check for any new versions.

I’m definitely on latest version of Zwift. 100-125 person pace partner rides have also been fine for me so thought it had been fixed. This was a 400 person ride though and it’s definitely not fixed, a few others in the ride also commenting on it.

Just did another 3R ride with 600+ riders in France and happening again, although not as bad as Watopia. What I noticed was it was happening when you’re in a pack that spreads out enough to take up 2/3 or more of the road and going over 40km/hr.