Rider perspective on Group Rides

Ok, so I’m kind of new here, done a few solo rides and then went on a rookie group ride.

And instead of the usual road view, I got a helicopter view of the pack of riders, which was really weird. I asked and people said you could change the view, but all I could change was the map perspective in the small box at the top right of the screen. If it is possible to have an “on the road” perspective for group rides I couldn’t figure out how to make it happen… which highlights how awful the user interface on Zwift is. Like Australian nightmare awful.

IMO, it’s really frustrating not to know exactly where you are. Intuitively, it would be much simpler if the group perspective was the same as the solo ride perspective, and easier to gauge where you are in regards to the ride leader beacon, which presumably you could see in front of you on the road. At the very least, put a different coloured beacon on the participant, so you can easily tell where you are in the peleton.

I spent so much time trying to figure out where I was and what was going on, that I never got into any riding rhythm.

Anyways, after a few days riding, and reading through this forum, I’m going to try some of the other apps. User interface is really really awful for Zwift.

What device were you running Zwift on?

Did you use the Zwift Companion App (it can change your view).

Macbook Pro and companion app on my iPhone 6

You defiantly could have used the ZCA to change your view within Zwift: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/using-the-zwift-companion-app-Hybn8qzPr

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’ll try that next time. Should be much more obvious, though. I spent half my ride fiddling around with the app, going in and out of menus, and couldn’t find the “eye” icon on the action bar.

You can also use the number keys on your MacBook if it’s within reach.

1 Like

Thanks!!

You may need to swipe the action bar itself to see the part of it that doesn’t fit onto the screen.