"Ride With" option no longer available?

Hi Dean, and thanks for the reply.

I read through that update thread when looking into this, but only the OP and didn’t look at the replies; my bad!

Thanks again for the reply and heads up.

Ride on.

2 Likes

haha … loads of these threads would send ppl to sleep, so dont blame you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
Any idea of when we can use what we’re paying for again? I was so aggravated yesterday when I tried to join my friend and couldn’t. I can’t choose routes easily anymore either. All users should get a credit issued for the down time. Rouvy is one small click away.

4 Likes

Agree, new beta features should not kill old stable ones

2 Likes

Well, I don’t see anything in this thread about RideWith nor the links you have. Can you just post a once sentence description on how I can RideWith my already-riding buds?

1 Like

It no longer exists in the new home screen UI, but Zwift say they’re working on it.
Latest ZHQ info if you do a search:

1 Like

Insane behavior, hard to imagine how the “ride with” feature got nuked… just terrible.

5 Likes

This is beyond ridiculous. Probably the most used feature once we actually moved to Watopia and wanted to ride with friends… just deleted, because Zwift doesn’t actually use their own product and understand. Way to go Zwift. So stupid.

4 Likes

This is an option I used from time to time, Joining my friends for a spin. Now this things gone, Im really feeling disappointed. New UI is terrible, I prefer more compact solutions, with easy access to routes, workouts. Even I would come back to old UI if that would be an option. I can’t imagine navigate in that new UI for apple TV users.

1 Like

Totally agree. This supposed update is a huge annoying step backward. Not being able to find your mate to ride is bloody poor. Seriously thinking about ceasing my Zwift Membership and going to the competition.

Agree. Pissed off

1 Like

Do any of the competition have a ride with feature?

You could arrange a meet up as a way around it whilst Zwift is temporarily unable to offer the ride with feature.

My top 10 Zwift improvements wish list since new UI: 1-6. bring back Ride With friends, 7. Please add a 4th challenge, 8, one-click access to favourite routes, 9. ability to skip work out segments and 10. Ride with friends, again. Months later….still waiting. Update please as of July 2022?

2 Likes

I think you forgot about a customizable HUD. At minimum a toggle off/on for each feature (like RGT). If they want to step into modern gaming we would even move the hud around to meet our deepest desires.

1 Like

It’s now October - 6 months since your posted ‘we’re looking at ways to reintroduce “Ride with” as quickly as possible.’ I gather it’s not returning?

3 Likes

Checkout this post by team Zwift for the latest on this …

2 Likes

Any update on the ride with feature?! It’s now November and no update since May to bring back the ride with feature?! Lame…

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. No need to list Zwifters we aren’t friends with already in Zwift. That sounds like a good plan to implement to me. Honestly, the sooner the better as winter is now upon us.

1 Like

Not sure why some threads get automatically locked when they’re not resolved. Is there any update on progress of this feature being reinstated @Alex_Zwift?

3 Likes

Coming Zoon and Zwiftly. Add 2-3 years onto any common community requests that we might have.

1 Like