Return to Home Feature [March 2021]

Agreed, very interested in this aspect of it. I note the reference in the OP to this not being deployed ‘perfectly’, which I assume means the new Exit button wasn’t meant to be visible straight away. If they are able to switch features on and off for certain users, that lends itself perfectly to a beta program.

1 Like

I was riding with Brevit Bot last night and got dropped (I was toast!). But after a recovery I wanted to try again. Now I can exit and rejoin the pack and have another go at seeing how long I can hang in for without quitting and restarting (which I couldn’t be bothered to do last night).

Great work!

:+1:t3::biking_man::+1:t3::biking_man::+1:t3::biking_man::+1:t3::biking_man:

4 Likes

Or when you join a PP and realise you’re on a TT bike… no more broken monitors!

4 Likes

Excellent news!! :partying_face: Do we still have to start a ride to get to the settings or is that the next update? :smiley:

5 Likes

Holy Cow! An update with something the community has been asking for! Congrats and nice work!

1 Like

@Dave_ZPCMR @Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn Thanks! I was a little perturbed the Shuji’s GIF because… I don’t think I’ve ever not had an image to upload, so I’ve never seen that dialog without the images showing. :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s a good question. I’m gonna have to test it!

1 Like

Ah - no. Adding that Menu button to the Home Screen is really complex. Should take a couple of years. Anyway, everyone knows that an app’s settings should only be available once you start a task/activity, no? Isn’t that how every other app works?

No.

3 Likes

This is potentially as big news as the feature being rolled out itself! If not bigger! :smiley:

Better testing, fewer bugs, smaller footprints for the inevitable ones… Everyone wants that.

3 Likes

OMG! Finally.

1 Like

Can I be the first to say we now need this screen:

Sometimes, I just want to save and quit the game immediately, without having to go back to the home screen and click another button.

Too soon? :smiley:

16 Likes

Great stuff!!.. Aaaaannd now to how it could be even better (some people are never satisfied :slight_smile: )

• Add a “Save and Exit” button in addition to “Save”. Yes, I realize that’s the same functionality as before, but I suspect that’s still what most people do when ending an activity

• Allow me to unselect sync to Strava/Garmin/… for this activity only. My use case is the following: I use Xert with Zwift and I upload the Xert activity from their iPhone app, which then syncs to Strava. I want to save the Zwift activity only on Zwift. Currently I get double activities registered on Strava/Xert.

6 Likes

:point_up: Just my thoughts when I saw it :thinking:

3 Likes

Best thing since sliced Zwift!

1 Like

Haha, I wondered who’d say it first. :rofl: #toomanyclicks

save

5 Likes

Are we supposed to be grateful for such a basic feature that as you say was your longest running request…
I mean, we’re paying 20$ a month…

6 Likes

Your mockup is better than mine. I suspect you took at least 30 seconds more over it. :smiley:

We also need “Discard and go back to Home” and “Discard and exit”. :smiley:

3 Likes

This can be accomplished, (at least on my MAC) by clicking in the DEVICE STATUS Box (gray shaded area) once you are returned to the Home screen (after saving or discarding the existing ride/run).

1 Like

Bug report.

If you return home when watching someone else, you’re not sent back to the default world view. The route selection stuff just appears over the top of the game which continues with full UI in the background, including the leaderboard, riders nearby list and everything. Which looks a bit confusing, since there are multiple layers of buttons on display at once.

Like this:

This is after clicking on someone else then hitting Esc to bring up the new return/save box (and using it).

Some very noticeable pausing of the game in the background when it’s like this, so I suspect it may crash on some lower end systems.

2 Likes