Restrictions to race entries

I see this is implemented in KSL already so it is possible.

Have various types of lists.
Black - anyone EXCEPT those on the list (for persistent race rules infringers etc!)
Green - anyone regardless
White - Anyone who satisfies a certain set of criteria (age, gender, geographical area, wkg, ftp, etc)
Red - only those from pre-approved squads, clubs, teams etc
Red+ - Only those from Red which have been listed in the pre-race start list. Restricted team size.

That’s just my initial thoughts, honed over 2.5 years and 150+ races!

Kiss Super League already has ‘Red’ listing so hopefully some sort of filtering is coming but Kiss Community League was hopefully going to be Red or Red+ but ended up being Green with post-race filtering. Making it like as if you decide to run a road race and a Sportive at exactly the same time on the same roads…

I think this is a good idea, I line the “White - Anyone who satisfies a certain set of criteria (age, gender, geographical area, wkg, ftp, etc)”.

Zwift really need to start to pre-filter riders. the days are long gone when Zwift was small and the racing was run with like minded competitors. These days there are so many spoilers that racing has lost some of the fun.

There should be races where you can only participate if you are on Zwiftpower, where Zwift can use ZP to put you in the correct starting pen, based on the criteria specified by the organizer.

1 Like

So much for keeping it super simple. I don’t really understand what you’re proposing.

LOL,

The way I read it is different filters before the race for different races.