Restart Zwift - HRM wont pick up again

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with either a Polar H HRM or a Wahoo Tickr…

I bought the Tickr to replace my Polar H, thinking it was the HRM that was the problem, seems not…

I start Zwift for the first time for the day, it picks up my Tickr fine and connects. I then walk to my bathroom , drops the HRM, which is not far. So I go into the Menu to associate it again, but I can not click on Pair…seems you can not pair a device while your sitting waiting for an event to start?

Or, I have done a small circuit, and since I have to restart Zwift to do another, I restart and try to do another…and my HRM is not showing…

Anyways, decided I have time to restart zwift before the event, so I close out, restart, and the HR scan wont find my Tickr now…

This very same thing would happen with my Polar H HRM, would work fine, as soon as i restart Zwift, Zwift refuses to pick up the HRM again…

I have:

1. Restarted the computer
  2. removed and re-added the BT USB dongle
  3. Removed the battery from the HRM’s…
  4. My HRM is not paired with any other device. The only device with BT on is my computer.

My Tickr at least has the flashing lights and it shows it is trying to pair…

In Windows 10, just to check, the Tickr is seen by the BT adapter, so this does not seem to be an adapter issue…

I have then turned on BT on my cell phone and my tablet and both also show the Tickr fine…only Zwift that does not show it…

Frustrating when you just want to ride…

I’ve had issues with the Tickr and Native BLE on a MacBook. I’ve managed to work out that the issues are only for there when using bluetooth headphones at the same time so I’ve had to switch to wired for now.

Alternatively, the companion app (when working) solved the problems for me.

Hopefully this gives you something else to try for now :slight_smile:

For me on Android when I tried the companion app, it just tesll me to go into pairing on the app (my pc) and add devices…Perhaps I am missing something.

I caved in and bought a USB ANT+ adapter and will be trying that for my monitor instead and see if i have any better luck, I should have it tonight.

1 Like