Resistance works with Bluetooth but not with ANT+ FE-C

Hi Pond
in the first of two pictures you have posted for Mike, it looks like you have not disabled the bluetooth on your pc. You need to see a yellow triangle next to the bluetooth symbol to ensure it is disabled. You may find that your Kickr Core is connecting via bluetooth rather than Ant+.
I could be wrong though.

But the pairing screen shows Wahoo FE-C #### (whatever the numbers are), isnā€™t that only related to ant+. I donā€™t think if it was connected to bluetooth it would say FE-C would it?

Hi Mike,
sorry I donā€™t really know the answer to that, you could be right.
I just always turn off bluetooth to ensure my trainer connects via Ant+ and when trainer has connected only then do I switch on bluetooth.

1 Like

Bluetooth wont show FE-C that is only for ANT+.

I would suggest turning Bluetooth off in the Windows system.

1 Like

I believe there is something wrong with your trainer. If it is new then try contacting wahoo.

1 Like

Alright just finished riding for todayā€¦

@_Troy I did turn off the Bluetooth on my laptop as you suggested, it appeared that the ANT+ FE-C still didnā€™t offer the resistance :frowning: Appreciate it though :slight_smile:

@Mike_Rowe_PBR The firmware of the Kickr Core is updated, itā€™s 1.0.13 now I updated last night, few nights ago it was 1.0.12 (The official Wahoo Kickr Core website is only 1.0.12 itā€™s strangeā€¦)

I did not wear HRM today, and the result is still the same, no resistance by the ANT+ FE-Cā€¦

About the ERG mode with ANT+, the result is no, it did not work at all. After that I used the Bluetooth, the ERG mode worked.

@Ben_Brawn I think you maybe right. I just bought the Kickr Core like a week ago feel pretty disappointed.

The sad thing is that the policy of Wahoo where I live here cannot change the trainer even a customer gets the defected one, even after a day of purchase. All I can do is that contact them and they will come fix it. I am quite afraid they might just make it worse than what it is nowā€¦ Hope thereā€™s exchange product policy like in Europe countriesā€¦

Thank you guys. I will think about it either contact them to fix it with a chance them making it worse, or I might just get over it by using the Bluetooth only and hope it doesnā€™t break one day soon.

It sounds like you got a bad unit. I would not wait to contact Wahoo Support, they are very good. It is best to contact them now rather than wait and risk the warranty period expiring.

Good luck and Ride on!
:ride_on:

@Mike_Rowe_PBR Ok I will contact them and will update here. Thanks again and have a good day.

Iā€™m concerned that there is something fishy going on related to the new update. Iā€™ve had a Wahoo Kickr Bike for a few months, and havenā€™t had a single issue via Zwift. Yesterday after about 1.25 hours into a 1.5hr training session, ERG held me at the same wattage on the bike, even though the Zwift training session was throttling power up and down. Somehow I managed to finish the session.

Today I went in and started a new ride, thinking that whatever had happened wouldā€™ve cleared after exiting and re-entering Zwift and starting the ride on a new day. This time I as my warm-up started I was pedaling and Zwift wasnā€™t registering any of the power I was putting out, and the resistance was very low. I exited and went into the Wahoo app to check that the bike was responsive to power changes from the Wahoo app. and thankfully it was. I exited Wahoo and started Zwift again and this time it worked.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a one-off issue that wonā€™t repeat, but am concerned that there is a newly introduced bug that is inconsistent and will create issues. I sure hope not as busting your butt for over an hour and the software falling apart as you get to the finish line is incredibly frustrating.

@Molasses Hello, may I ask which connection type did you use to connect the Kickr with Zwift? Bluetooth or ANT+ FE-C?

I connect with ANT+ FE-C @Pond_Osk121_ZTH . My wife recently started connecting via bluetooth when she uses the Wahoo Fitness app. Part of me wondered if she didnā€™t auto-connect to the bike somehow when she was nearby, even if I was in the middle of a session where I was already connected to the bike via ANT+.

Keep in mind I have the smart bike, not the core. Presumably the connection hardware/software is the same or at least very similar.

Hello here is an update, in short, it could be because my ANT+ usb.

I went to a Wahoo trainer distributor and asked them for help. After an hour testing we found out that it could be because of my ANT+ usb. We switched to use their ANT+ usb and the resistance just worked just like using the Bluetooth.

However, it is pretty hard to find ANT+ usb, as they are all sold out, so I ordered it from abroad and had to wait for like a week or two, I will test it once I get it and will update again. Thank you all and have a good day.

Here is a latest update. Somehow I got the Wahoo ANT+ USB from a shop. And it works!!! So the problem was created by me using a ANT+ USB that was not compatible with Wahoo Kickr Core, stupid me!!!

Have a good day.

3 Likes

Hi @Pond_Osk121_ZTH

I am now facing this same problem. Unfortunately from where I live, it would take weeks to get the Wahoo ANT+ usb . Is there a way to check which ANT+ is compatible?

Glad you fixed your issue!
Thanks in advance

1 Like