Remove or make optional "click" noise on UI interactions

Please remove the “mouse click” noise on UI interactions.

Due to my ND maybe I’m more sensitive to it than some others (I can’t stand people clicking pens for example), but I find this sound very irritating and unnecessary.

Most mouse buttons click already. If your UX/interaction designers have decided to add it for accessibility reasons for AppleTV, iOS or something, you could make it only happen on those devices.

At least provide a config option to disable it (also while you’re at it the “Ride on” noise).

Cheers!

I considered making this thread, only mine would have just been ZOMG BRING BACK OLD SOUNDZ.

Was there a sound before?! I can’t say I’d ever noticed the old one! :rofl:

It was a subtle bloop sound. They’ve also changed the segment and XP counter sounds to something weird, and you get cheered when finishing a race.

1 Like

Click , click , Click , click , Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click ,Click , click , Click , click.

2 Likes

2 Likes

In my case, a pity cheer. :rofl:

2 Likes

I guess it was subtle enough to be imperceptible to me at the volume level I have my game sounds at. =)

These new sounds are a crime against Zwifters. Please remove them.

1 Like

I’m reminded of the outcry when Zwift changed the title music, we are so resistant to change!

We can also gripe that the devs are spending time on game sounds when there are SOOOO many other priorities (at least our priorities) :wink:

3 Likes

Zwift (at least on Windows) is somehow awfully unresponsive to mouse clicks, feels like something like half the clicks don’t register at all. I guess someone must have thought adding this kind of feedback was somehow a good idea. Not that it makes any kind of difference to all of us who have our sounds offf (I don’t really even have an audio device attached except sometimes by accident).

This was wrong btw, it’s when you set a PR and get the confetti.