Remove Coffee Stop Function

Or alternatively if it didn’t work on hills. :wink: I can imagine the storm of protest!

The icons don’t distract me much from my riding as I’m focusing on my power and heart rate. I usually ignore whatever else is happening in Zwift.

A user specific setting to hide it would solve the issue as described, but wouldn’t achieve the aims of some users seemingly trying to hide the use of the feature from everyone else…

There is a hack for removing the “Ride on” thumbs.
I wonder if the same procedure would work for Coffee breaks.
I saw it on GP Lama but not recently.

I had hoped it would become an option with ZwiftPref.

And it wouldn’t satisfy anyone who is upset just because someone somewhere is ‘getting something for free’.

who is “seemingly” doing this?

1 Like

I notice, most of the people that is against with Coffee break. if because of how OTHERS will use it. HOW, WHEN and WHY they will use it. Thousand of people in zwift why would you care if others wrongfully accumulating miles or using it in climbs what gonna do to you? as long as its not a race ,

2 Likes

notice, most of the people that is against with Coffee break. if because of how OTHERS will use it. HOW, WHEN and WHY they will use it. Thousand of people in zwift why would you care if others wrongfully accumulating miles or using it in climbs what gonna do to you? as long as its not a race…

1 Like

Found this in Zwift website …

Coffee Controversy

You may see some Zwifters complain about other riders “abusing” Coffee Stops. This is especially prevalent in group rides because yes, more coffee mugs tend to pop up on climbs than on flats or descents.

While we’re not here to tell you how to think, keep in mind that Coffee Stop is disabled in races. So while Coffee Stop users get a free ride for a few minutes, it’s a free ride in a social event where there are no winners.

1 Like

Or everyone is a winner :grin:

1 Like

Well…it would be strange for someone to be complaining about how they themselves were using it. “Zwift, I used a coffee stop yesterday, please don’t let me do that.” :slight_smile:

I wish that +/- button wasnt there as I use it far to often in workouts… Any chance they can stop me from using that?

1 Like

Dear Zwift please remove all sprint segments from all routes as my mad dashes for the line completely ruin my steady-state workouts thanks.

2 Likes

You jest, but I know someone who has legitimately expressed that thinking. They are “too competitive” and can’t help themselves from pushing really hard during those sprints, and it ruins what should just be a Z2 ride for them. They’ve said that they wished there was a way to remove the sprint and KOM segments so they weren’t tempted by them. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s awesome. I also want Zwift to send people to my house to lock me out of my trainer room when I’m supposed to be on a rest day. And make me eat healthier.

6 Likes

Knowing this community, and how everyone wants it customized specifically for their needs? It wouldn’t surprise me if someone has at some point requested a feature that makes it harder to start a ride if they’ve ridden more than x days in a row. And maybe I’m making this up, but I feel like someone once complained about the Unemployed / Working from Home badge because it encouraged people to work out more than they should. As I said though, I may be making that memory up.

I believe that some other computer games have something coded in that (a) warns the user that they have been on for too long and (b) automatically logs them out after a set time. This might be at the behest of a large government but I don’t want to stretch my recall too much.

I remember football manager used to have a message reminding people to wash after they had been playing for a certain length of time!

3 Likes

haha. cool

I was just in L’Etape du tour (with places ie 15/352). During the second KOM (Box Hill) I left the group to catch a rider in the distance. As soon as I passed him, he coffee stopped and I had to drag him most of the way up Box Hill. After a good rest, he then took off and left me in the dust. He finished ahead of me on Zwift Power. As e-sports become more main stream I need to form a team to avoid this nonsense,

You’re free to ride at whatever pace you wish, but the Etape was officially a group ride and not a race, hence coffee stops were available.

1 Like

How much money was at stake?