Relocate log files

Hi.

Is it possible to relocate the log files in another folder than in Documents ?

Why would you want to do that?

I’m using my company computer and we have a software that scans all the modified file live. Due to this, each zwift update can take hours to be done.

We are allowed to have an exception on a specific folder where I would want to move the log files. Without moving, I just can’t use zwift while updating for a day+

You should not use Zwift on company owned computers unless you have received permission from your IT department.

1 Like

Ssshhhhh clearly this user does what they want. :joy:

2 Likes

So can anyone actually answer the question rather than making pointless remarks?

Hi @Justin_Smith3

Welcome to the forum.

The answer is no you can’t.

1 Like

I’ve got error massages while starting ZWIFT because DOCUMENTS are located on ONEDRIVE (cloud). I think so. That’s why I need access to change logs’ folder either while ZWIFT’s being installed or later.

1 Like

You could try to use a directory junction, forcing windows to access another location instead.

Create an folder you want as replacement of …\Documents\Zwift - e.g. D:\Data\Zwift - or name the target folder it as you like.
Copy all content from …\Documents\Zwift into this folder.
Delete folder …\Documents\Zwift

Run cmd as administrator and create the directory junction by entering:
(Replace with your actual value and if changed the name of the target folder too.)
mklink /J C:\Users<User>\Documents\Zwift D:\Data\Zwift

Afterwards each Application, or Windows service or whatsoever is trying to access …\Documents\Zwift
is automatically redirected to D:\Data\Zwift

2 Likes