Race results DNF

(Matthew Whitwell) #1

The official results on Zwift, Zwiftpower & CVR should include DNF. At the moment people are leaving races before the end if they aren’t well placed and this protects their ranking but also unfairly skews the race result. If DNF were included as joint last position then the result of the race will be a more fair reflection of what actually happened.

(Paul Allen) #2

You already posted this, no reason to double post: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000038792-Race-results-DNF

(Matthew Whitwell) #3

Sorry Paul, think it’s more of a feedback than a feature request so wanted it to appear appropriately. Do you have a view?

(Paul Allen) #4

Don’t have an opinion either way since the over 2 years on Zwift I have never done a race/group ride and don’t plan to.

BTW, Zwift does not run Zwiftpower or CVR.

(Matthew Whitwell) #5

Thanks for your input Paul.

(David Armstrong TX (B)) #6

who cares unless their is money involved :frowning:

(Matthew Whitwell) #7

Ridiculous David. Does that mean unless sport is professional there are no rules? Should I just put myself down for a hole in one next time I play golf?

(David Armstrong TX (B)) #8

Mat there are rules, just not the ones you like. But in the real world it doesn’t make one bit what your CVR ranking is. People have power meters that under report and have powermeter that over report. And I sure, some people cheat. I race enough to know the game is not realistic, however it’s a great work out. Use it for that and quit trying to make it something it’s not. There are a lot of people I could ride off my wheel in real life whom place really well on zwift.

I’ve been thinking about doing the first 5 min of more races just to inspire my anaerobic engine :joy::joy:, in fact, after this conversation I’ll probably start doing it sooner than later. Personally I don’t care if my cvr does down. thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Hehe.

(. 慢马 .) #9

I think a person who cares about his/her virtual life so much usually doesn’t a real life.