Race only A and B cat

Hi, just wondering why the women’s race this evening only has A and B categories, with no description of what separates them - is it the usual w/kg bands? if so I shouldn’t do either… The men’s has all, or at least a-d…

2 Likes

Hi Liz! For Zwift Academy, the categories are different from normal Zwift races. The split is 2.5w/kg. If your FTP is above, race A. Below, race B. If your FTP is exactly 2.5w/kg you can race where you are most comfortable or most happy. There were some events showing different w/kg than this but that was an error. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks Leah, thought I was just missing something!

1 Like

Thanks for that question and answer. I asked myself the same question today when I signed up for a race.

Was wondering the same. A bit discouraging when you know you’re supposed to be in D and not sure if there are D riders with you. Also, you don’t pick up the races when you filter for your category. Thanks @Leah_Thorvilson_TURB for clearing up, I’ll try B today and see how it goes :crossed_fingers::muscle:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this but after reading this post I signed up for a cat B race tomorrow (I’m 2.5 wpk - so cat D). There is no wpk info on the race page, in fact both cats say 0wpk. I checked out who some of the other riders were and most of them were actual cat Bs! (Guess I’ll be racing alone ha ha) Looks like I’m not the only one who’s confused by how the ladies races are being categorised, are there any plans to clarify this anywhere other than the forum?

1 Like