PUs aren‘t random anymore

It‘s always the same, first a aero power up, then three times the feather, a drafting power up, three times the feather again and then it starts all over again from the beginning. this happens on mac os and ios.

I have not experienced this. Power ups are still quite random for me.

I had a feather, then three 10xp in a row, then an aero, a feather, 10xp, then a draft while doing the PRL Half today.

For me it’s aero, then feather, then draft, then a series of 10 XP (usually 3), then back to aero. Not at all random.

This problem disappeared for me with a game update many months ago. PUs are random again

I’ve been having this problem for a while. I always get Aero, Feather, Draft, Xp, Xp.

Maybe it’s platform-dependent? I’m on Apple TV.

2 Likes

Exactly the same PU sequence here - Aero, Feather, Draft, XP, XP on Apple TV 4k.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the ATV app to no avail. Anybody find a solution?

2 Likes

Interesting. As I recall, Nigel (who has the issue) also uses Apple TV, and Mike (who doesn’t) uses a PC.

correct

I got two aero’s in a row yesterday and then a draft van IIRC.

1 Like

Same sequence for me on iPad and iMac: aero, feather, truck, xp, xp, feather, xp, xp, aero…
Great for flat races, keeping the aero until the final sprint. :roll_eyes:
Interested to see what’s going to happen in the ZRL with power-ups being restricted. :thinking:

1 Like

I focused on the power ups for the first time today and on AppleTV I was definitely seeing the same order that people mention above.

I’ve been having the same problem for at least 6 months and the same order of:
Aero, feather, truck, 10xp, 10xp, feather, 10xp, 10xp, aero…
I’ve deleted and re-installed Zwift and still the same. It’s not awesome for racing, that’s for sure.
Anyone found a way of randomizing again?

(On iMac, for the record)

You can’t randomise them again if you’ve got this problem.

I have a ticket open with Zwift support.

Thanks for this info, thought I am crazy…

It’s getting really annoying although it does allow you to plan power ups for races. Which totally isn’t the point.

Bump! (Still a problem)

Yes - still a problem with Apple TV. Can we please do something about this?

STILL a problem.

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this - so I wrote to support to mention the fact the power ups aren’t random anymore. Support came back saying that the fact that I used the concepts ONe Tron bike meant that I did not get all of the power ups as it acted like a TT bike and didn’t draft.

After 10k+ kms of which 75% of that on the Tron bike, I am pretty sure we get all power ups and it does draft.

Sometimes I wonder if Zwift support even uses the product. What a joke.

And the funniest bit - he told me I was only able to receive 10 and 20xp power ups with the Tron. I wrote asking about the constant order of aero, feather, draft, 10xp, 10xp etc.

So he literally didn’t even read my note.

Thanks ZWIFT. Awesome customer service. @shooj

1 Like

If it happens on some hardware and not on others then it may be related to whether the language they use uses the OS hardware random number generator under the hood. If the generator seed is “out of entropy” then you might get a repeating sequence. The above assumes the PU is generated on the client and not the server.