"Pride On" really?

(Amy 1988) #1

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Do not use Zwift as a weapon in the culture war
Do not use Zwift as a weapon in the culture war
(Andrew) #2

Whoa there. Nobody’s telling you to DO anything. Zwift has created a ride to make a certain group of riders feel included with, and equal to, all other riders.

You don’t have to participate.

Also, I’m not sure what makes inclusion “left-wing.”

20 Likes
(Amy 1988) #3

I’m just saying I don’t want to hear politics on Zwift. I don’t want to see a “Jesus Rally” on Zwift, and I don’t want to see a “Pride Rally” on Zwift. All for all things cycling… just keep politics to voting booths, religion to church services, and cycling to Zwift? That too much to ask?

I get so sick of politics. I quit going to the gym for cardio and bought a trainer specifically because they kept FOX news rolling 24/7 in that place, and I just got tired of all the rancor. I just want to work out… not to be “politically active” and be preached at about some person’s personal political views while trying to burn some calories.

Edit: Guess it’s silly to get worked up and bother posting to the forums. Just cancelled my Zwift and switching to something called Rouvy instead (which happens to be $5 a month cheaper anyways) so I guess, in the libertarian spirit of things, I should just shut-up and vote with my $$$. Haha. Sorry to bother y’all!

15 Likes
(Nigel) #4

I find it interesting that you equate ‘inclusive’ with ‘political’. There are certainly some political views that try to make it that way (e.g. the religious right who have created an opportunity for an opposing view on the left), but it’s really up to you whether you want to buy-in to that, or just ride your virtual bike and enjoy a nice social event. Ride On, Pride On, whatever.

12 Likes
(Danny) #5

and left wing… maybe you should have taken your own advice and kept your lips shut.

(S) #6

lmao. They also have women only rides, which is clearly sexist in disallowing men to participate…and guess what, noone cares. There are like 150 event rides to choose from every day.

If you were a true libertarian you would revel in the individual liberties of others, including corporations to do whatever the ■■■■ they want. Enjoy Rouvy.

5 Likes
(Mitch) #7

I agree. I just cancelled Zwift as well.

11 Likes
( -) #8

I can’t agree more to this!!

It’s a cycling training program, nothing more nothing less.

11 Likes
(Amien) #9

Has someone reviewed the charity that Zwift is championing for this cause isn’t actually making life harder for women athletes? The rather contentious issue of allowing biological males to compete against biological females has the potential to pretty much eradicate women’s sports.

PS: I don’t care about how someone identifies in their personal life, nor do I care for Zwift promoting what is, best case, a gray area issue. Make it a social ride like any other event and leave it at that.

5 Likes
(Kirstie) #10

Wow. Really?!
Did you make the same complaints over the Specialized Mixtape Women’s only events? Or are you going to complain about the Racing the Sun charity event that’s going on currently?!

If you don’t like it, don’t join in.
Unsubscribe to the marketing emails.
Simple.

Sport in general excludes minorities to such a massive extent as it is.
So, let’s not be asshats and complain about something that is only positive, and is only trying to make a community a more inclusive place?!

21 Likes
(Ricky) #11

Asshats :joy::+1:

1 Like
(Ramond) #12

So will we see a Cross ridon next Easter?
Why no support for Ramadan? Tue, May 7, 2019 – Wed, Jun 5, 2019

Did you read the Zwift E-mail?
Pride On Donations
We’re putting our money behind your Pride Ons and making a $20,000 donation to Athlete Ally.

Athlete Ally: The very thing that will kill Woman sport

8 Likes
(Lewis) #13

I don’t even know where to begin. I was regretfully expecting some sort of response like this when I received the email. Gender identification and sexual orientation have absolutely nothing to do with political leaning.

That you’ve drawn this conclusion should make your hatred based outpouring completely null and void but such idiotic drivel demands a response. Lest the idiots win…

I am neither LGBT or Q but think zwifts varied and legitimate riding causes are good for social awareness. If you don’t like it, don’t join it.

Enjoy whatever other platform you move to. And may it be full of fellow bigots. If you’re too narrow minded and stupid to have valid opinion, then try not to have one at all. Certainly don’t express it in public as you had already considered.

If you think inclusion is divisive then you are part of the problem.

My first post of the zwift forums and it had to be for this. Sad times.

19 Likes
(Travis) #14

Thanks for letting us know about Rouvy, I will be checking that out! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
(.) #17

I’ll be really stoked to ride my darned bike in an awesome rainbow kit. #kitunlock

7 Likes
(Amien) #18

I thought we’d have to wait for the Zwift eWorld Championships before we got to see rainbow kit xD

1 Like
(.) #19

There are only ever 2 genders, no matter what anyone says. Evolution has seen to that and you can’t argue with 4 billion years worth of it.

I’ve nothing against anyone being what they are, being happy and Im not denying their humanity if you see yourself as a transgender person, but if you are going to dictate to me and the 99% of the population that we’re supposed to ‘pretend’ that women are men and men are women then the answer is NO. We don’t need to modify basic biology because it threatens your subjective sense of what you are.

The Boy Scouts have a standard, you must be a biological boy to be a Boy Scout, the Girl Guides have a standard, you must be a biological girl to be a Girl guide. The clues are in the titles.
For all of history, boy means boy and girl means girl. If i call you a Skunk are you suddenly a skunk? Or do I have to redefine our terms? Men and women are completely different things. Have you ever me a man or a woman? they are completely different.

Let me ask all of those people in their 20’s, 30s’, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s forcing this issue a simple question. Why aren’t you identifying as a 70 year old?
Why can’t you identify as 70? Why aren’t you claiming a pension?

You can’t magically change your gender.
You can’t magically change your $ex.
You can’t magically change your age.

Please don’t tell me and 99% of the population WE are wrong. I don’t need to be lectured by the 1%. As I said before, I respect your humanity, please respect mine and stop lecturing. thank you.

11 Likes
(Amien) #20

Just a small correction:-

Men and women are far more alike than they are different. We’re the same species after all, something segregation-oriented people seem to forget. However, if we cannot come to terms with the marginal differences that exist, we have no hope of coming to terms with our similarities and moving towards true inclusion.

The fundamental human categories are man, woman and child. We cannot unravel the structure of reality to conform to some misplaced notion of compassion, for those notions tend to divide far more than they unite.

Sport is for all humans but competition needs categorization, virtually by definition.

5 Likes
(Joe) #21

Trolls gonna troll.

1 Like
(Ward) #25

So what exactly is zwifts “agenda” ?

And after explaining that, how does their “agenda” harm you?

Why not just spell it out rather than hiding behind coded language