Pre-built (mostly) computer for zwift

The i5 in the first one you posted is a K model - this means it can be overclocked. It’s 9th gen which wasn’t incredible in terms of Zwift, so unless you heavily overclock it (hence it having an expensive motherboard and cooler) you’ll get frame rate drops below in busy situations and Makuri. The i5 in the Trident I posted cannot be overclocked, but doesn’t really need to be because it’s 11th gen and quite a bit faster. Frame rates will likely still drop below 60fps at times though. You’d need to go up to 12th gen (or to Ryzen 5000 series) to avoid that. As I say, none of these are good value for Zwift, but in your circumstances then it’d be fine.

Only with Z690 boards and liquid cooling at present though, which is obviously nonsense. :rofl:

Thanks, going to order that then. Seems like a nice package. Thanks so much!

Bill Dossett

As I keep moaning about it’s silly money really, but hopefully it’ll suit your needs in the circumstances. :+1:

2 Likes

Ok, I guess I will go to Microcenter then…

So I want a 12th Gen i3

8GB ram

Will put a 120 GB NVME in it

What GPU should I ask for something that will keep me going for a few years and not drop frames in group rides?

Thanks for all the advice – Its been a while since I built any PCs and I am clearly not up to date on GPUs and need help!

Thanks

Bill

Thanks, I have a b&h credit card with 0% interest for 12 months – so that’s a good supplier for me! But that is an i5, did you not say that would need overclocking? I like the small form factor as well, keep things tidy.

Huh, I’m confused now. :rofl: Are you buying the Trident or building your own?

Edit: posts don’t seem to be in chronological order here for some reason.

Yeah, something not quite right with replies etc… I am going to buy the trident now.

I bought this last month for $1399 plus tax:

Silly money, as Dave says. But even without overclocking, the CPU bounces between 4.9 GHz and 4.6 GHz running Zwift. It can handle everything except a crowded Neokyo at 60+ fps Ultra.

Note that I did have to replace the CPU cooler. That appears to be a common problem with Cyberpower.

1 Like