Power drastically goes down... and turning noise goes slower

I am experiencing problems with my trainer T2180 VORTEX calibrated, sw updated, tested with 2 different softwares… it siemply frustrates me Serial nr 801938463 See below email I sent to zwift to show my issues I NEED URGENT HELP PLS Hello again Today I tried again this time with the computer as it has been working ok till last week when I had to change to my table temporarily… I have experienced again the same problem I was doing a workout “built me up- sneaky”. See screenshot: image.png After the 1st 13 minutes when I had to go up to 155W I started to feel the same problem: till there I hear the noise of the trainer wheel turning and suddenly I feel like the turning speed is decreasing and the trainer gets harder… and even if I put more effort on my work I see the power going down and down. See picture of the evolution image.png Then I quit the workout and moved to Tempus Fugit… after a couple of resets as I have a lot of difficulties to connect the device… and it fact it sometimes shows 2 devices with same number but one terminated with 172… Tempus fugit the same… I start and when I start the 1% slope I start to see that the power is not consistent and the noise of the turning wheel changes slowing down… you can see how the power goes down to 60 and I tell you I am doing even more effort… it is so frustrating…! image.png Please give me a solution otherwise no sense to continue paying the subscription… I have checked the trainer version and it is updated, calibrated, etc… Thanks

Hi @Joan_Gabriel_Fernand

We will need more information like what device you are using, also your pictures does not show.

See this post. Guide to Getting Useful Support

1 Like

Thank you
the trainer is a tacx vortex

the original mail is:

Dear

I am experiencing problems with my trainer T2180 VORTEX

calibrated, sw updated, tested with 2 different softwares… it siemply frustrates me

Serial nr 801938463

See below email I sent to zwift to show my issues

I NEED URGENT HELP PLS

Hello again

Today I tried again this time with the computer as it has been working ok till last week when I had to change to my table temporarily…

I have experienced again the same problem

I was doing a workout “built me up- sneaky”. See screenshot:

After the 1st 13 minutes when I had to go up to 155W I started to feel the same problem: till there I hear the noise of the trainer wheel turning and suddenly I feel like the turning speed is decreasing and the trainer gets harder… and even if I put more effort on my work I see the power going down and down. See picture of the evolution

Then I quit the workout and moved to Tempus Fugit… after a couple of resets as I have a lot of difficulties to connect the device… and it fact it sometimes shows 2 devices with same number but one terminated with 172…

Tempus fugit the same… I start and when I start the 1% slope I start to see that the power is not consistent and the noise of the turning wheel changes slowing down… you can see how the power goes down to 60 and I tell you I am doing even more effort… it is so frustrating…!

Please give me a solution otherwise no sense to continue paying the subscription…

I have checked the trainer version and it is updated, calibrated, etc…

Thanks

Missatge de Gerrie via Zwift Forums gozwift@discoursemail.com del dia dv., 8 de maig 2020 a les 15:45:

• The platform you are Zwifting on - PC, Mac, Android, Apple TV or iOS. I use PC and iOS (tablet). It happens in both
  • The operating system you are using - for example Windows 10, macOS Catalina, iOS 13, Android 11 etc. Windows 10 Enterprise in PC
  • The version of Zwift you are using (usually 1.0.xxxxx) - this can be found at the bottom right of the login screen. 1.0.49821
  • If necessary, the version of the Companion App you are using - this can be found by going to ‘Settings’ → ‘About’ in the app. 3.14.2 (1043) Server version 1.190.0
  • Your location, if the issue could be related to your internet connection. I have good connection thanks
  • What trainer you’re using, including how it is connected to your system (Bluetooth or ANT+). Remember that there could be a firmware update that fixes your problem, so check your trainer manufacturer’s website for instructions on how to do this. Again, being up to date is important. Tainer TACX Vortex. Firmware updated

Missatge de Gerrie via Zwift Forums gozwift@discoursemail.com del dia dv., 8 de maig 2020 a les 15:45:

You say you tested with different software, what software and do you see the same happening in both?

1 Like

Hi again
Thanks for your reply

In fact I tried also Rouvy and just after starting pedalling I started to think that the power that was shown was too low for the effort I was doing… I am a bit paranoid now… and I stopped… But definitely I cannot state it is the same problem

Thanks

Missatge de Gerrie via Zwift Forums gozwift@discoursemail.com del dia dv., 8 de maig 2020 a les 16:44: