Pop ups breaking race

Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the confetti or segment/new gear pop ups?

When racing each one if these causes me a 1 sec freeze…in a race a few days ago I had confetti, a segment notification, a level up and some shitty sunglasses…after all that backslapping from zwift, I was 5 seconds down on my group and in race over no man’s land!

Cheers
Paul

I’m afraid not, there’s no way of disabling these.

What setup are you running for Zwift?

Thanks Stuart, it’s an Elite Tuo Bluetooth to laptop…WiFi is good but not phenomenal ~30Mbps.

And been zwifting for a good while and this seems like a recent change to me.

Cheers
Paul

It could be due to an automated screenshot of an accomplishment, especially if you have a mechanical hard drive in the laptop. If that’s the case, replacing it with a solid state disk would be the best fix.

1 Like

If the screenshot is the cause of the problem then a cheaper alternative might be to change the directory where snapshots are save to a RAM disk (I think you can create RAM disks in Windows although I use Linux 99% of the time so I haven’t had the occasion to try it).

Yeah I think it probably would help, but if the system has a mechanical hard drive this is just a symptom of general horribleness that would be greatly improved with a $20 part.

1 Like