PC crashes when loading Makuri [November 2022] [1.31]

No, not really. But it’s at least the second time that Zwift did not start, when a windows update had been pending. Maybe coincidence, maybe not…who knows.

Sure…

first:

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ZwiftApp.exe (8652) consumed 2711015424 bytes, explorer.exe (6856) consumed 1089548288 bytes, and SearchApp.exe (8588) consumed 445984768 bytes.

then several times:
The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has encountered
an out of memory error. This application might
behave inconsistently and fail.
(pid=8652 zwiftapp.exe 64bit)

finally:
The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. (Process exit code: 0xc00001ad, Restart count: 1, Primary display device ID: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760)
and
The program ZwiftApp.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 21cc
Start Time: 01d9276c351ddd00
Termination Time: 66
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zwift\ZwiftApp.exe
Report Id: d8424a25-10a4-41fb-b344-80b8d9b217c3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

…and that’s basically always the same.

I would suggest uninstalling all of the Nvidia drivers and everything Nvidia (Nvidia has some issues where it does not properly remove old stuff when updating). Then download and clean install Nvidia drivers. See this link from Autodesk

Well, that was one of the first things I did. But I try it again with latest driver.

Did you put your log files in Zwiftalizer.com?

What graphic settings are you using?

Yep, Zwiftalizer shows no issues at all.
Just tried Makuri with freshly installed drivers - still crashing. Watopia works fine.
Graphic settings…default, 1440p, full screen; tried it with 1080p (and window mode) - no difference.

How much RAM do you have?

You can try to increase virtual memory (How to change virtual memory size on Windows 10 | Windows Central).

And make sure you have enough free disk space.

Ooookay, that seems to work.
It was limited to 1024MB, now I changed it to 4096MB. Hopefully it will still work in the future.
Thanks Cassio!
Thanks Gerrie as well :slight_smile:

In response to my own note re Makuri and NY not even loading on new laptop with Ryzen 5625u + Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated graphics and 8GB single channel RAM…

Fiddling around with settings I progressed as far as Makuri and NY loading and running poorly/always crashing. There was no real hope of getting any further on this path.

Put an additional 8GB RAM stick in and everything works fine. Whether the additional memory or now being dual channel is the key thing, who knows. But anyway, everything works.

1 Like

Unfortunately, for me this did not seem to work. I have a Ryzen 3 APU and only 8GB of RAM. I guess I’ll try updating the ram first.

And it’s only Makuri for me. Was able to ride in New York earlier this week for the Tour of Watopia.

My ride crashes at about 45minutes in on any Makuri route.

No more Makuri toutes for me Windows 11

Crashed in Makuri this evening riding the Turf N Surf route, about 1 km into the new expansion from Neokyo/Makuri. Third plus crash on random Urukazi routes. Rode a pre Tour 7 ride in Watopia and Tour 7 Makuri ride without issue after the crash above.

Crash Report sent with log file.

Core i7, 920 @ 2.67 GHz
24 GB RAM
1GB Radeon HD 5800
2 x 120 GB SSDs RAID 1
Windows 10 Pro x64
Game Verson 1.33.1 (107342)