PayPal login fails

When I try to pay using my PayPal account, my login credentials do not work when re-directed to the payment agent from Zwift. However I can log into PayPal directly with those same credentials. I’m wondering if this has something to do with the 2-step verification process…?

Hi Andy, 

By the look of it there is a problem with your browser, can you please clear the cache in your browser and try it again? This should fix the problem. You can also use your credit card. 

Thank you

Clearing the cache does not solve the problem - I also submitted a ticket (25905) which included an attachment of the error I received.

I really would much prefer to use PayPal as opposed to a credit card…

Thanks,

Andy

Sorry for that last response…I originally thought it came from ZWIFT…

Hi Andy, 

It came from Zwift I just don’t have the appropriate badge yet :), 

Let me contact the right person and he will get your issue sorted ASAP. 

Thank you very much for your patience

No problem Tom - I thought I might possibly ride indoors this weekend and have only 27 km left on my free trial however the weather is supposed to be pretty decent so there’s always outdoors…

Thanks,

Andy

Well as I suspected, your payment gateway currently dos not appear to support PayPal if 2-step verification is enabled. I deactivated it for this one transaction and it worked.

You might want to look into that and/or post as a known issue. I am currently using OSX 10.11.3 and tried to pay using the latest versions of Google Chrome and Safari.

Hi Andy - thanks for bringing this to our attention. We checked with our payment processor and it does appear to be a limitation. PayPal two factor authentication only works for people in the US, UK, CA, DE, AT, and AU.

I’ve created a known issue for this.

Hi Scott - No problem; although your Known Issue states that “…PayPal two-factor authentication only works for people in the US, UK,”. I live in New Jersey and at least for now, we are part of the US :slight_smile: