Pausing workout from keyboard

(Rob) #1

While in workout mode I understand workouts can be paused. I would like to pause then calibrate my smart trainer then resume workout. How is the pause activated via keyboard?

I know the tab key will skip a workout block but that won’t help with me.

0 Likes

(Ted Tedford) #2

Can’t you just stop pedalling ?

0 Likes

(Rob) #3

If you stop pedaling the ERG mode is disabled and then you do not receive credit which is the star next to that workout section. What I am referring to was added in the update today. 

0 Likes

(B urnt-Toast) #4

I paused my workout today to plug in the laptop since that option was there on the mobile app. It paused alright, but I could not get it to restart.

How the heck to you restart a workout?

0 Likes

(Rob) #5

You left out how you paused your workout so we all know not to do it that way.

I see however you paused it is not working.

0 Likes

(B urnt-Toast) #6

I pressed the pause button on the mobile app page. 

0 Likes

(Mike Hoogerland ZHR (F)) #7

I’ve had a similar problem twice now. I am using a CycleOps PowerSync smart trainer.  I pressed the Pause button on the mobile app and the game showed that it was paused. There is no evident way to resume. I posted a comment on the group text and someone said to start pedaling The first ride this worked after several minutes of pedaling; the workout picked back up and I was able to finish. Tonight, pedaling would not restart the workout. I tried skipping the block, thinking that when the new block began the workout would resume but that did not work. I had to stop the workout completely.

Would love to see the “Pause” button on the app turn into a “Resume” button after it’s been pressed. In the meantime, any suggestions on how to actually resume?

0 Likes

(B urnt-Toast) #8

Mike, a resume button is a great idea.

I have had this happen too and I am also using a powerboat pro. I wonder if the problem is only with a power beam trainer?

0 Likes

(Mike Hoogerland ZHR (F)) #9

B urnt-Toast – I submitted a support request to Zwift on this and let them know that it seems to happen with CycleOps smart controller on both the PowerSync and PowerBeam Pro.

0 Likes

(Frank Goehner) #10

I had the same issue using a tacx vortex smart.  I paused the workout from the mobile, but I then couldn’t resume the workout.

I knew I should have held it in

0 Likes

(Nick Hall) #11

Same here, paused it from the app but no way to start again… if you just peddle you start moving but it doesn’t resume the workout!

0 Likes

(Bryan Campbell #MBC) #12

Same problem here yesterday. It looks to be related to the mobile app as I am using a Kickr, android phone, and Win 10 laptop.

0 Likes

(Sébastien Gagné) #13

TL;DR, let your avatar come to a full stop and the app button will change to “Resume Workout”

I had the same problem, but I was able to resume.I paused the workout on the app, but wasn’t able to resume (button still showed “Pause”), but my avatar was still moving. After trying some stuff on the computer, my avatar finally stopped and unclipped, when I got back on the bike the button was now showing “Resume”. I pressed it and was able to complete the workout.

0 Likes

(R agged Edge) #14

Hi,

I restarted the app on my phone and got a resume button where the pause was.

Glitchy

0 Likes

(John Bigelow) #15

2018-01-07 Press up arrow will bring up a pop up up menu where you can pause or resume.

2 Likes