Pairing Garmin speed and cadence sensor

(Larry Feigenbaum) #1

My speed and cadence sensors are detected on my Garmin 310xt watch. Why can’t Zwift see them? Have Garmin Ant+ sensor 5’ from bike. Have Zwift app on iphone 6s

(Jason K) #2

ANT+ doesn’t work on the iOS app unless you have one of the iOS ANT+ bridges, so make sure you’re either using one of those or running the game on a computer.

As long as you are, your sensors should show up as long as they’re ANT+, you’re searching under the speed and cadence pairing menus, and they’re sending a signal - try spinning on your bike for at least 10s.

We also recommend keeping the ANT+ dongle < 3ft away.

(David Smith) #3

I have the 4iiii strat but still will not pick up cadence.  Yes, changed batteries in both.

(Andrew Wickham) #4

I have the same problem with my cadence sensor since last updated. Was fine for six months but since last update zwift wont/cant pair with my cadence sensor. Help please.

(Chris Donahugh) #5

I have same issues.  got the 4iiii hr strap/bridge.  ipad app recognizes strap but not garmin speed cadence or quarq power.

many hours of research and tech time and at a point of quite delete app move on.

the point of zwift to me is a quick training hitter on the go in garage on iphone or ipad on my old trainer or rollers.  Not a studio of gaming and consoles.  If I have misunderstood the purpose of this app and system let me know.  It shouldn’t be this hard.

good thing we live in socal.  Weather is projected war this winter

help

(Chris Donahugh) #6

Garmin Speed and cadence and Qarq power crank not picked up at all on ipad app with 4iiii strap

A lot of time and energy put into this but alas there are no answers unless you invest in a new smart trainer which I will not at this point

(Paul Allen) #7

You could use a Lightning to 30 pin adapter and a Wahoo ANT+ Key to get them to connect to your iPad.

(Steve Schousen) #8

I have a Garmin cadence sensor and heart rate monitor.  Both reliably and flawlessly pair with my edge 520, but neither will pair with zwift.

i run zwift on myiPad generation 5.  The Wahoo kicker pairs easily using Bluetooth.

please advise

thanks

steve

(Paul Allen) #9

Garmin only broadcast in ANT+ so you would need to bridge that connection, you can use a Lightning to 30 pin adapter and a Wahoo ANT+ key, CABLE, or a 4iiii Viiiiva HRM.

Oh, and before you ask you cannot use the Edge to bridge the signal.

(Steve Schousen) #10

So I can not use Bluetooth to connect my Garmin sensors to zwift, that ant+ must be used?

(Paul Allen) #11

That is correct, like I said ALL Garmin devices only broadcast in ANT+. I suggest Wahoo products since they are duel band (both Bluetooth and ANT+).

However, You can use a Lightning to 30 pin adapter and a Wahoo ANT+ key, CABLE, or a 4iiii Viiiiva HRM to get the ANT+ signal to your iPad.

(Chris Donahugh) #12

power connects.  Garmin speed and cadence do not.  Just insane now 

(Dale Newhouse🇺🇸73🇨🇦) #13

Chris I Agree with you that a Garmin (edge 1000) will not connect to swift. I have a CycleOps Hammer, Garmin 1000 and they don’t connect, like you said that is insane now…when will they fix that for the price we pay to belong to ZWIFT?

(Paul Allen) #14

Dale,

I replied to your post in the thread you created, it would be helpful if we stuck to that one to better assist you in resolving your issue.

(Robert Steele) #15

Paul,

I have Garmin devices like the others and use a Wahoo product, but am also viewing Zwift via Apple TV.  Can you suggest how I might get the Garmin pieces to connect?

Thanks.

(David Dean) #16

I purchase a Cable Ant+ to bridge the gap, but Zwift still does not pair to the cadence sensor.

Trainer: Wahoo Snap, Running Zwift on iPad, Garmin cadence sensor, and Cable Ant Fob…

The Cable Fob cost me $60, so this is getting very frustratin

(Paul Allen) #17

David,

You could have saved yourself a little $$ (and I am betting headache) by purchasing a Wahoo Cadance sensor: https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-sensors

Make sure you are waking the sensor up by pedaling.

(Jan Miller) #18

Same issue, heart rate and cadence sensor pick up but not speed sensor, changed batteries and have done everything everyone else has said.  No joy at all.  I too thought that this would be easy.  

(Paul Allen) #19

Jan,

Need more info to better assist you in resolving the issue. Please give a run down of your setup.