Pace Partner Update {Sep1 2022]

Why, why, why - have you made it almost totally impossible to select Pace Partners with Apple TV remote on Apple TV? Previous interface worked fine, new version designed by a four-year-old. How is it possible you can release software with ZERO real-world testing on different operating systems?

There is sort of a trick for selecting PPs on AppleTV. Drag a finger or thumb on the track pad to position the scroll window so the desired PP is visible then use swipes to move the focus from one PP to the next.

2 Likes

Love the pace partners so thank you for the work on it. Would it be possible to enable us to hide certain ones from the Home Screen? Or to be able to amend the way they are sorted?

I trust the PPs are getting a regular WADA dope test, otherwise the discrepancy may be due to Yumi having discovered little red pills (how about an A+ PP called Ferrari ?)

Maybe she should have taken the blue pill?

Not presently but something we hope to “recommend” to you in the future.

For now, wouldn’t it be natural, given the PP popularity and that they have their own section row on the home screen, for there to be a top of screen menu icon as well for PPs, that brings you to a dedicated page where all 18(?) are listed and choosable? Like the Trainer icon brings you to page where all trainings are listed, etc…

I believe that the end goal for the New Home Screen is to deliver recommended content based on the activities that you frequently take part in (but also with the ability to choose something else).

So if you regularly ride with a couple of Pace Partners, they would be presented to you. Having an additional screen (whilst not a bad idea) would take that away from the front of the screen and would probably be less discoverable by a number of people.

Why not have both, just like workouts and routes are suggested on the home screen but also hae their own menu screen?

May well be the case. I’m not that close to Home Screen development.

I made a little tool to help with finding the right Pace Partner to train with according to target power and your W/kg. I’m still trying to improve it so if you have any suggestions let me know!

2 Likes

I thought the old system where the names lined up with the categories (e.g. Anquetil = A bot, Brevet = B bot, etc.) made a ton of intuitive sense and helped find the right pace partner.

I know it’s already been shot down, but +1 to this. The new names are generic and not really memorable or distinctive. I’ve only ridden twice with the new bots but it seems like they all have the same canned dialogue? I know people used to complain about the old canned dialogue, but it gave each bot a bit of a personality (and now that our dear friend B. Brevet has passed, can someone please tell me wtf “wanging anchors” means :joy:?). A couple of the D-bot blobs came together on Tempus a couple days ago and the “echo” was pretty annoying.

1 Like

I was a bit rushed in the end with chat (turns out creating 58 Pace Partners and putting them on a tron & setting their schedules takes a long time).

I might try and see if I can add any improvements at some stage.

I did write my own version of “A Whole New World” for Genie but we thought Disney might not be too happy :joy:

I would rather see the flat pace value (w/kg) in the PP name than the category, until you have a better way to advertise it.

3 Likes

wait… what?

1 Like

2 x 9 (Watopia and Makuri) plus 4 of each for Event Leaders, plus a Trvia Leader, plus a Graduation Leader.

Sorry 56, my mistake.

Aha! I knew the math didn’t add up! :slight_smile:

what about the runners?

67 then :joy:

1 Like

I had the same issue this morning. Since doing the apple tv software update just now, I’m able to select all pace partners.