Our #1 Crash. Can't repro. Suspect World Swap

(Will Botti (C)) #1

Hello Zwifters!
Our dev team is trying to track a crash that appears related to swapping worlds.
Crash first appeared in January
It’s only affecting 1 % or so of sessions, and mainly Samsung devices with Adreno Gpus.
If anyone is crashing, especially consistently, please post here.
I want to try and tie a real-world crash, to our crash data.
Thank you!
-Will

(Michael) #2

Hi Will,
The only time I have had Zwift crash is when I connect or disconnect the keyboard cover on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. It will crash consistently every time. The screen goes blue and the Android “Zwift has stopped. Send feedback…” popup appears. This isn’t a massive problem for me as I rarely need to connect or disconnect the keyboard whilst Zwifting but occasionally I will accidentally knock it loose which leads to the crash. I can provide logs etc if this is useful to you.

(Will Botti (C)) #3

Hi Michael,
This may not be the crash we were looking for, but a 100% repro crash is always a top priority.

Could you please open up a ticket by emailing support@zwift.com, and attach the logs from a session that crashed? You may need to send the penultimate (2nd to last) log file, or just the 2 most recent after you login again after crash.
Also, please mention we communicated on this forum thread, so they will route the ticket to me.

We test the Galaxy Tab S4 in our QA lab, but have not done the connect/disconnect keyboard test. Now we will add that to our checklist.
Thank you so much for responding and sharing this!
Will