Old Mining Town on Desert Flats vanished [April 2022] [SOLVED]

I upgraded to the Zwift app on Apple TV tonight before working out. I did the Tick Tock route on Watopia but in reverse. I noted that the Western style town on the Desert Flats, alongside the railway line has disappeared. Is this deliberate?

2 Likes

@Nicola_James Noticed this too and had the same thought… Did try a full reboot of the PC and it was still missing.
Windows 10 PC here

Yeah the assets were deleted in the update log file. The entire town is gone.

Maybe it was a mirage all along.

2 Likes

Thats a pity. :unamused:. At least I dont have to go and get my eyes checked :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

RIP Old Mining Town

8 Likes

That’s brilliant :laughing:

It’s not, but you can’t help but laugh.

2 Likes

maybe that is where the new gravel map will land?

Nah I believe that’s its own world (12). Interestingly there are also references to worlds 14 and 16 in the update log. :wink:

JK. We’re on it.

9 Likes

Glad to hear it. The Flats is boring enough as it is without losing the short range vertical relief.

1 Like

would be nice to link it up with the Jungle somehow so we have expanded worlds, not another tiny one…

2 Likes

Will take a backup before update and then restore those assets and see if the buildings are still there for me .

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

:man_facepalming:

I blame Thatcher*

*very old niche UK joke!

3 Likes

Tried it but didn’t work for me (for me at least).

It’s been eaten. Only Schlange can save us now!

UPDATE April 18

4 Likes

until next time…

2 Likes

Good to have Old Mining Town back. Last time when I was ride on desert I was wondering what is this place, it looked familiar but on the other hand something wasn’t right.