Now Zwifting with Tacx Fortius

ook dat vind ik op de site ?

Hi Wouter, first awsome work you have done! Thank so much for developing and sharing FortiusANT! I read the manual, dowloaded the windows .exe file but for some reason it does not detect my Tacx Fortius model. My original cadence sensor is not installed as I use an ANT cadence sensor which transmits to ZWIFT with no problem. Of course I have checked all connections multiple times. Any thoughts or ideas?

Welcome to the FortiusANT community

I’m always curious to know who I communicate with, where FortiusANT is used and what configuration is used.
Please tell me what bundle did you buy, and what brake and what head unit do you use?
I would therefore appreciate that you introduce yourself; perhaps leave a comment under issue #14.

First de-install USB drivers from Tacx; check manual for more info.

Hi Wouter, Thank you for the work. I now have my Tacx Fortius trainer working with Zwift. I was left contemplating buying a new trainer instead. I also have an Imagic so I’m in the process of trying that with Fortiusant. Thanks again Awesome job

Hi Delwyn; great that it works for you.
Please join github and spread the word!

1 Like

Hi. I am considering buying a tacx i-magic. Are there only T1942? Does zwift / rouvy control resistance (with fortiusant?) :slight_smile:

The best place for questions is github
T1942 + magic should work; two dongles required. Don’t buy cycplus; see github

1 Like

Will be work with T1900 ? :slight_smile:

Amazing! I have an original Fortius.
Will this work on a Mac?
I’ll have to use an Ethernet to USB-C adaptor for my MacBook Pro - will that cause any problems?
Am I better using the Fortius rather eg buy a new Flow Smart (because the Fortius might still actually be better quality)?
Do you have instructions on downloading from GitHub and setting up?

Yes it works on Mac, see manual on github.

Download: click code and the (green button) CODE and download zip

Thank you.

Is a 10 year old Tacx Fortius still physically a better trainer than a new Tacx Flow Smart (The Fortius being a much more expensive machine)?

Ask on github; I bet you will get an answer there

I can confirm the green (so-called 32bit) i-Magic head unit does work fine in Windows 10 64bit using the libusb-win32 drivers as detailed in the really good FortiusAnt user manual. Tacx always said this head unit could not work in a 64bit OS, but that is crap… they just didn’t produce a driver for it. Now that there is this free libusb-win32 driver, we are free from that old Tacx software restriction.

FortiusAnt now not only “Antifies” but can also turn your old Tacx machine into a Bluetooth trainer if you want to go that way instead. In any case, FortiusAnt is an awesome way to breath new life into these older, but still quite nice controllable trainers.

As always, read the manual which is available from the GitHub site listed above by Wouter in #28.

Thanks Bryan, please leave a note on github!

Thanks - so do I need to run a Windows emulator? I downloaded but its all Windows files (.exe and .bat)

I have already mentioned this, but it was maybe lost in one of the issue discussions from someone else. Where would it stand out more?

The python code runsnatively on all OS; linux windows mac …

Hoi Wouter, Ik heb hem vorige week gedownload en vandaag voor de eerste keer uitgetest. Het was vooral dat ik zelf niet goed las waardoor ik soms een stap oversloeg en het daarom niet werkte, maar nu doet hij het. Helemaal gaaf. Zelfs met één cycplus dongle. Is er ook een andere manier om je te sponsoren dan lid te worden van github? Want daar heb ik niks mee. Groeten uit Son.

Hoi Cees

Top dat FortiusANT goed werkt voor jou.
Sponsoring is beschreven op github[dot]com /sponsors/WouterJD; via github of paypal.

Wil je andere opties: stuur een PB op Messenger.

Vooral: leuk dat je zelfs wilt sponsoren; stel ik echt op prijs

Hi my friend, thank You for this wonderfull project.

Here is Marco from Italia near Garda Lake.
I have Tacx trainer i-magic 1904
on windows 10 with usb ANT+
and FortiusANT seems to work well.

I set Zwift on my smatphone
with bluethoot connection on
but while FortiusANT is working
I cannot see anything
seeking by Zwift in the smartphone.

Any suggestion to make it working
only with smartphone?
Or have I to buy one more usb ANT+ for thr PC?

thanks in advance,
Marco