Nothing on screen, no HUD

Hi,

Just started my first ride on Zwift using iPad. Pairing is fine with my Tracx blue matic virtual power but there is nothing on the screen when I ride, no HUD (heads up display) no cadence, no speed, no distance, no nothing.
Do I have to sign up for the HUD to show?

Best regards.

Dan

Same thing happened to my wife. In her case, she just kept riding and as she got in a few miles, more stuff started showing up along with a description of what it was and how to use it. By the end of the ride, all the parts were visible.

2 Likes

Hi @Dan_Lindman welcome to Zwift forums!
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. I looked at the server logs of your most recent ride session. A couple of things: it looks like your iPad is running iOS v13.1.2. Would you try updating the operating system with the latest version? Often, outdated OS’s can cause weird issues.

1 Like

Thanks guys,

I´ll be sure to try both of your tips.

Best regards

Dan

I am having the same problems on my laptop nothing showing on screen but companion app has details.

Hi @Mark_Jones16 welcome to Zwift forums.
How old’s that laptop? Compared to other multiplayer video games, Zwift can run ok on older computer hardware, but if the GPU is really underwhelming, it may not be able to draw all the visuals you should be seeing.

You don’t need to have the latest and greatest computer either, but a good GPU will enhance the visuals for sure. We have a minimum supported hardware list on our knowledge base. Would you compare it against what you have?

Hi Shuji
The laptop is 3 or 4 years old and has 2.1ghz processor and 4gb ram should have lots of visuals, It used to when i was on Zwift awhile ago…