Not feeling the love

Yup! IIRC the kit was just as expensive as a full year of Zwift… no thanks!

1 Like

I did have a thought earlier though (at risk of crossing the stream here and all);

But there is precedent for this sort of thing - one of those big IT software firms (Solarwinds) runs a community/forum usergroup sort of thing; in that people can participate in the usual networking (people, rather than ethernet) stuff, but also earn points that can be redeemed against real life socks, tshirts and other assorted tat (should mention, they also only ship to basically the same countries as the Zwift shop).

I presume all this “free” stuff comes out of their marketing department’s budget (or as part of everyone else’s fees for the software); but hey, I’d welcome one less zwift TV advert a week if it meant the chance to redeem some forum points against some sweet sweet zwift branded argyle socks,

So the consensus is that you don’t want to pay more and your efforts are worth nothing? Also your rather bring your own sandwiches to and event than paymore to eat with your friends? Jk about the sandwich.

I understand but as the treads title states Im not feeling the love from HQ.

If you don’t ask you’ll never know right?

I don’t really think that my efforts in Zwift are worth nothing. I have fun using zwift, and it makes the workouts more interesting than staring at the wall, but I also don’t expect Zwift to pay me in cash or gear for my time in the game. Would it be nice if they had raffles etc? Sure, but right now they don’t even have a merch store in my country so I can’t even buy gear let alone have them give free stuff to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes

So the consensus is that you don’t want to pay more and your efforts are worth nothing?

Honestly… yes. And I do bring my own nutrition to organized rides too :joy:. Don’t want to be beholden to whatever they may or may not have at the aid stations. I guess I don’t see Zwifting as a special event. I do it 5-6 days a week. If/when you ride outdoors you probably wouldn’t expect any free swag for riding your daily 20 mile after-work loop.

Cool. But the Watopia Tour is a signup special event and that was the original question. Should part of the completion of a special event have a physical reward?

I don’t think a physical reward for every specials event is feasible. There are many spesial events. In the past when Zwift was still small they would have random draws for thinks like socks, stickers and water bottles.

1 Like

Only if you paid extra for the privilege of doing the event.

1 Like

I originally contact Zwift and they said to post it in this forum so I’m thinking they are unsure as well. I didn’t know about past promos they did within the store. Thx every one for replying.

That is Zwift just blowing you off, unfortunately

3 Likes

Hi. I recently bought some bib shorts from GCN. £60. Really comfy and fits well. And they came with a pair of free socks. Made in Italy. They keep my feet nice and toasty

1 Like

Hey. The man was asking for free socks. He’s not feeling the love. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m in as long as I can choose “fixing bugs” as my reward.

5 Likes