No signal for speed & cadence sensor 2 from Garmin

I had a look on the Garmin forum and coming to the conclusion this might be a speed sensor 2 firmware issue,

This happened to me as well. After updating to the latest iOS (13.5.1), the sensor had no signal despite being connected. Unfortunately, the solution that worked for me was to use another iPad that had the previous version of iOS (13.4.1). Using the previous version of iOS however, there was still a minor problem where the power levels would drop to zero randomly. A fix to this power problem is updating to the latest version of the Zwift app (1.0.5xxx). So the key takeaway which would be: Reverting to the previous version of iOS and making sure the Zwift app is up to date.

I’m having the same issue with my Garmin cadence sensor using a Kickr Snap, the companion app, and AppleTV. The sensor works when I use AppleTV directly (but I can’t connect my HRM because it would be the third Bluetooth device). And when I look on the companion app, it seems to be connected to the cadence sensor, but I get the “No Signal” message.

From my perspective, everything was working reasonably well until the most recent “fix” to the companion app, though the messages on this board suggest some have experienced the problem for a longer period of time.

Just an update I now have a working garmin 2 cadence sensor on my Ipad while zwifting. My problem was relsoved after many attempts at resetting all settings, network setting etc on my ipad to no avail. I just erased it and manually dowloaded all my apps ( a pain i know) and hey presto it’s now working. Don’t restore apps and data using Icloud or Itunes because if you do it’s back to square one.

So from reading the forum, it seems like reverting my iOS to pre 13.4 and reinstalling all my apps or running the another iPad or pc’s are the work arounds…any others folks have found with Garmin sensors with no signals?

Gary, did u ever find a fix? Or did you stop using. Struggling with the same issue.