No Rain!

(Lou Indianagirl) #1

Can you please, please end the gloomy skies and rain on Zwift?! The winter months are long and hard, and can be very depressing for a cyclist. This is what forces most of us indoors. Some of us also Zwift because of an injury, or because we’re stressed out at work and crunched for time. We do not need gloom and doom in our virtual reality as well! I’ve heard countless others say the same thing. Thanks!

(Steve Ellis) #2

Agreed.

Blue skies and beautiful scenery are invigorating.

Rain, darkness and gloom detract from the Zwift experience for me.

(Mark Croonen) #3

Well to be honest I don’t think the good people at Zwift have really thought this latest update through. I mean introducing rain on a volcanic island is always going to end in tears.

The other night I was descending down the volcano climb and it started raining. And as we know RAIN + VOLCANIC EMISSIONS = ACID RAIN

Needless to say,

• Canyon frame ruined
  • Not a shred of rubber left on my Zipp wheels
  • and as for my prized Zwift century jersey, ruined, holes all over it.

If the Zwift team are going to persist with this rain can I please ask you replace my virtual kit every time it gets damaged by the rain?

Thanks for listening :slight_smile:

PS.Volcanic emissions can also contain tiny shards of glass.

(simon walker1965) #4

Yep first I thought when I encountered rain and gloomy skies was…what the hell are zwift thinking!!!..I go on zwift to get away from that.i want blue skies and sunshine 24/7…please get rid of it

(vic gdreau) #5

I don’t like the rain either… but it did bring flowers, trees and under water greens to the island.

(Zee Kryder) #6

It isn’t so much important, though I hate the rain. I understand why there’s some in London.

The problem is Zwift, you didn’t ask the community. Just a ‘Would you like rain on Watopia?’ and a like or dislike would have saved a lot of us this aggravation.

(> Happy Runner) #7

Agreed.  I think the rain is one reason London is not that popular.  

If the rain were a twice a month thing, it would be OK.  But the graphics are good enough that riders can really “get into” the mindset.  And palm trees, beaches, oceans, and sunny skies during the winter is a good thing to get into.

Just because you CAN do something (program rain) doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

(Duane Gran [Vision]) #8

I can still remember when the London course came out and how everyone raved about how cool the rain effect was.  I also remember the chatter when the course was rumored when people said it ought to rain a bit in order to be real to life.  I think it adds an interesting element but I would respect if there was a no rain toggle in the settings or if they further decreased the frequency of rain.

(Mike Daly) #9

I agree, please stop the rain.

(> Happy Runner) #10

Long as I remember the rain been coming down.
Clouds of myst’ry pouring confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, still I wonder, who’ll stop the rain. 

I went down Virginia, seeking shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who’ll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playing, how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together, trying to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pouring, falling on my ears.
And I wonder, still I wonder who’ll stop the rain.

(Bret Giuliani - RtR) #11

Just my luck:  My first time up the Volcano Climb last night, and there was a persistent low pressure cell over Watopia. 

Excerpt from the What’s New on Zwift 3/1:  “Be prepared for some of the best views of Watopia yet!”

Hmmm, views of the inside of clouds were pretty fantastic, indeed…

(Lou Indianagirl) #12

Last night I swore it rained for 1/2 of my one hour ride. All I could think is that if a competitor comes up with a sunny program, I’m off Zwift!

(C oach Paul Ozier) #13

Zwift should be able to allow an toggle in the settings to turn off the rain. Rain on Watopia and you still have dust on the dirt sections…doesn’t make sense.

(Cleve Waterman 69y/o) #14

For the love of God, stop the rain!

(Mark Croonen) #15

FWIW I’ll also add that the rain feature in Zwift decreased my satisfaction with platform to the point where I discontinued using Zwift.

I know it seems stupid but I want a platform where I can focus on my training and I found the rain to be an unnecessary distraction, along with those stupid confetti guns that seemed to go off all the time.