No gradient Apple TV

As an opposite to this I’ve not been having this issue. I did the Zwift Academy ride yesterday and it was fine with gradient changes.
I’m using Apple TV 4K, latest version, Zwift 1.16.1 and a Kickr Core. After the latest Kickr core firmware update was causing issue with resistance/power being way out I downgraded to the last version of of the Core firmware and that problem disappeared.

I don’t have the right equipment to test but both the latest versions of Zwift and the Core firmware noted updates to the Bluetooth profiles/configs. My hunch here is that something is wrong with the BT profile between Zwift and the Core. I can’t speak for Tacx or Elite models but if you’ve also had issues check any firmware updates and downgrade if you can. Worth a shot.

Hi,

You may be aware of the current issue, but in case you are not.

I am running a watt bike atom v1 with the latest firmware and hub, I also run an iPad Pro (fully updated) and current version of Zwift - 1.16.1.

I first noticed the issue with update 1.16 where on an incline no matter what gear I put the watt bike in did not make any difference to the gradient, ie I was spinning up a hill in gear 22 and it did not make a difference.

With the update (carried out on Tuesday), I thought this may have been rectified, but alas it has not.

I have tried the various bypasses on the support forums, and also completely reinstalled Zwift, but nothing works. My watt bike was working very well with no issues on the last update.

Please can to issue an update soon as it is ruining my Zwift experience at present, and its my only indoor training programme. I am unable to do the Zwift academy, as I tried the first workout today, but it did not even engage the ERG mode. I am also level 35 so not a new user.

I’m finding in the workouts the delay in resistance changes over an hour can be between 90-180seconds vs what the program indicates. Given I mainly do workouts and some races, it’s so frustrating.

I wasn’t sure if it was ever “fixed” but today didn’t do the usual series of things as above and it wasn’t….was already into the effort of my ride so went with it but steady resistance wand “climb” level despite hills etc. Perhaps as humorous side note to some I have a newish gravel bike with lower gearing right? Not QUITE maxed out on downhills but once the Trainer Difficulty slider DOES work I may have a problem! (I’m riding it a lot to get used to it).

Very disappointed with the latest ATV updates. No ability to take part in workout or just riding around any Zwift world whilst using ATV. To say it’s an known issue and there have been 3 apple updates in the last 4 weeks and still no fix. Maybe the $15 a month and thousands of subscribers is paying for yachts….

It was the update to the companion app…pair your Apple TV directly to your trainer and everything should work.

I have had the same problem today. When first ride a route there was no problem the terrain control worked. I exited the route and saved then reloaded in to do another route, this route then had no terrain control. I completed the route saved then exited the app as before but I then made sure the app was completely closed. Waited for a couple of minutes then reopened zwift and looked on and rode another route. This time the terrain control was back. Finished the route then saved and re looked in and chose another route. This route did not have train control. It would appear that you have to ensure that the app is completely turned off before logging back in. I have ensured that when doing workouts and group rides I do not warm up in a different route/world beforehand or continue afterwards to ensure my ride is OK. ERG mode has worked and terrain when doing this.

Do you pair as controllable? One more thing do you close and restart the ATV

Hi Gertie, yes you are completely right, one of my followers also contacted me and pointed out the same as you. I deleted my post to hide my stupidity (!) before seeing your kind reply, many thanks.

1 Like

Gerrie, apologies spellcheck grrr

1 Like

No problem, Happy it is solved.

1 Like

I have a Tacx Flux S and keep having weird problems with gradient resistance. I noticed it today in Makuri Islands where I only feel the gradient correctly when I’m on the dirt portions. I did the Countryside Tour first today and could feel the hills in the dirt. I then loaded up Neokyo All Nighter and only felt sporadic resistance INCREASES with a negative gradient. Slope increases felt easier or exactly the same on the KOM part of the course.

This is the third time I’ve had this problem and it’s becoming a deal breaker. I quit the route early today since I was fed up with small random resistance changes. I can’t do the Zwift analyzer or use Ant+ because I use an Apple TV.

All the things I’ve tried are:
-Turning the Apple TV on and off
-Unplugging the Tacx
-Making sure the Tacx is recognized and selected as controllable
-Turning off all other bluetooth devices
-Calibrating with the Tacx training app
-Calibrating with the Zwift app

If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, please let me know. Or if anyone has any other suggestions.

1 Like

Did you find any solution? I am experience the same issues.