No Drops earned while in Supertuck

I tried searching the forums but couldn’t find any answers for this. Today while coming down the Alp if I was in Supertuck my drops counter wouldn’t add drops but if I started pedalling I would start earning drops again. Is that how it always works? I’m relatively new to Zwift still so excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge.

Yes, you have to be generating power to esrn Drops.

Thanks Steve

I guess the Alp is the only place I have stopped pedalling so far so it’s the only time I have noticed :joy::man_facepalming:t2:

Simplified general rule: Downhill gives XP, uphill gives drops. Flat gives a bit of both.

I believe you can get drops going downhill without pedaling only if you’re in an event like Tour de Zwift or in a race.

I don’t think that’s correct. Sure, if your trainer is still registering power even though you’ve stopped pedalliny, but that doesn’t have anything to do with being in a race or other event.

It matters. I took some screenshots of a recording of one of my recent races. During the supertuck and while not pedaling/no power, I accumulated drops.

I was aligned with Steve’s thinking but just had a race and sure enough, a swag of drops when in supertuck! Its been a while since I really bothered looking so not sure if thats always been the case or a more recent unannounced tweak.