New TTT Draft

My Gawd. We’ve found a way to make TTT’s and zwift racing even harder. The draft absolutely needs work, so little recovery on offer even when your sitting in or at the back of the group.
:joy:

Worked fine for us. Perhaps some combination of hardware and start-up procedure hasn’t been fully debugged yet…wouldn’t be the first time!

2 Likes

I raced again at 1pm. It felt much different. So either the game was different or I was more in tune with the effort 5am v. 1pm. :sweat_smile:

certainly hearing of some mixed responses from teams and different from riders doing multiple zones. I’ll need to do a couple more TTT to come to a conclusion.

What also surprised me was how easy a tron bike managed to hold the pack

The difference between a TT bike CdA and Road is not much in Zwift. Even Zwift insider 300w 75kg tests have the road bikes not hugely slower on 50mins Tempus.

I calculated CdA for 75kg rider in Zwift as @0.25 for road bike and 0.235 for TT bike. 0.25 is a stretch for most 75kg people on a road bike, where 0.29 to 0.3 is pretty fast.

0.235 is pretty typical of a “good” TT position

2 Likes

If only I could get the TT bike down to the .196 that I tested at last year!! I guess .235 is okay for the average Joe on middle grade stock equipment with nothing special kit. Good UCI positions at .2 and under now days. Had a friend test his individual pursuit track setup at ~.176-.180 depending how well he held his head.

1 Like

Yeah, Zwift gives the most aero road bike CdA, but leaves the TT position middle of the road :rofl:

1 Like

Middle of the road both literally and figuratively

1 Like

I’m watching fellow Zwifter Dan Bigham’s hour record attempt right now. They just mentioned that he has worked to get his CdA down to around .15 :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Felt like double draft to me.

If zwift hadn’t encrypted the data I would be able to give actual numbers to compare as we used to show the draft on our live streams.

3 Likes

Holy heck that’s low!
I am attempting NZ Hour Record (overall and Agegroup) next Feb/March. I will be happy to get below 0.22 at 6’2 and 72-74kgs. The new TT bars rules will help with my ape arms

1 Like

As some of you may have seen, Bigham smashed it by over 450m which is an incredible margin. 55.548km.

1 Like

Good luck! I was able to crack below .2 using the POC Tempor but that requires amazing head discipline to hold that for an hour at full gas effort. We don’t have any venues worth a real hour effort in the US but I’ve thought about traveling and taking on the American record of 53km.

1 Like

He broke the WR while training in June with with a 55.2xx. Crazy to see the extra 300ish meter with the new kit and with Conti GP 5000TT clinchers!

1 Like

Yeah the outdoor track I am using is not the fastest but will work as its 100mtrs from my house.
Then will make an indoor attempt mid next year. Every track is sea level in NZ :neutral_face:

2 Likes