New to Zwift - Beginner

Hi,

I’m new to Zwift, I’ve ordered what i believe i need so far just looking at extras now.

Heart Rate Monitor - i have an Apple Watch (S3) can this be used or do i still need an actual Heart Rate Monitor?

I’ll mostly be using Ipad but when the house is quiet i want to use my PC - is it easy enough switching from Ipad to PC?

Thanks

I have used my Apple watch S3 with Zwift, but you need to use it via the companion app on your phone, and set up the necessary app permissions. I found it flakey though, and it kept losing the connection. I would go for a dedicated HRM.

On the topic of swapping between PC and iPad - it depends on the setup. The iPad won’t support Ant+, so provided your PC supports Bluetooth and everything else is bluetooth (which I assume it is if using an iPad), then it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m not sure if you will have access to your custom workouts though, which I beleive are stored locally.

Thanks Steven,

So in a nutshell i’m best just using the PC, i wanted to avoid having to move the Bike much but if using the PC gets the best experience then that’s what i’ll do.

Cheers

Using iPad sometimes and PC other times: yes. As stated, iPad requires Bluetooth input. Zwift on PC (Windows 10) seems to work more reliably with ANT+ sensors. Most if not all of the current generation of cycling sensors (for heart rate, speed, cadence, or power) have both ANT+ and Bluetooth radios. If you buy a sensor, make sure it has both ANT+ and Bluetooth.

Your custom workouts are stored in the Zwift cloud and would show up on the iPad as they would on the PC.

Apple Watch (S3) as a heart rate monitor for Zwift: no experience on that.

Don’t forget you will need a ANT+ dongle in order to use the PC with the ANT+ connection. It is also worth getting a USB extension lead to get the dongle close to the bike (i have mine clipped under a surface next to the handlebars).

Not sure what the best PC/ Bluetooth set up would be…