New Pricing Survey [August 2020]

Why does it have to be so unnecessarily complicated? Keep one pricing structure for everything… focus on cycling as that’s the majority of your user base and don’t go in with tiered pricing. It’s frustrating as heck when companies do this! There isn’t one option there I’d go with. Whatever you do, don’t take away functionality that we’ve been paying for – that will just pi$$ people off! Not happy with this.

1 Like

Not everyone. :wink:

It’s obviously not worth panicking about (particularly people worrying the price is going up), but it’s really interesting in terms of being the closest thing we’ve seen to a roadmap of new/upcoming/potential features, and gives an insight into how they think they may need to resource developing them - either by applying their efforts in particular directions and/or testing the market for different pricing options.

1 Like

The survey shown to users does not appear to be consistent - here’s another version seen around - compare the feature sets between the two…

I received it this morning (I can post the link to test it if you like), there are loads of different combinations. You’re supposed to choose the one you prefer the most from the three options on each page, then when you select it a second box pops up that asks if you’d actually consider paying it.

1 Like

@Dave_ZPCMR would you mind posting the link? I never got the survey- which is odd- as I got all the other communications from Zwift this week. Have a feeling this might be fake.

1 Like

I received the survey. Cycling was spelled incorrectly. The survey link is unique per user, I tired to go back into it, but unable. I did manage a few screens shots after I was on page 3 of the pricing model options.

Well said Neil. Although I do think France and Paris worlds are the best Zwift have built since Watopia, so no meh from me on that.

So now we know why they haven’t given the runners their own workout creator…

1 Like

Because runners don’t have to pay for access and that it is still in beta?

No. Try again.

No, I think I am pretty close to being right.

BTW, I run and bike on Zwift.

I also think if runners are going to ask for more features they will need to start paying.

Oh, and running is no where near as popular as biking was during the same time frame.

https://zwiftgb.sawtoothsoftware.com/

Just put test in as it suggests, then you can go back and forth. It’s not fake, it was sent out by Zwift’s usual email system, everything checks out as normal.

1 Like

None of these is what I want. Let us keep what we have now. I definately do not want to pay extra for “Peloton-type” live workouts but I do want training plans and events.

I agree, I think France is very good. I just think the general consensus is that development would be better in watopia. Everyone got excited when they first announced France but haven’t really heard much noise since. I still think Zwift is the best there is out there though.

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of room for them to make it worse and still hold that title.

2 Likes

Clearly the same developers who code the app did the survey SMH all day long.

Took the survey this morning.

All options look worse than what the current deal is. Why change something that is loved?

Awful survey too.

I hope they realise that they would lose lots of people if they changed the current (working) model.

Would you like apples, hot dogs, and pizza for $40? NO
Would you like hot dogs, apples, and pizza for $45? NO
Would you like pizza, apples, and hot dogs for $50? FK NO!

9 Likes

For me, it’s the other way round - they want me to start paying, it needs to be better. If it ever comes out of beta we’ll all be able to decide.

5 Likes

I think it’s already good enough to be out of beta and worth paying for.

What I’m not keen on is that Zwift say “hey, it’s $15 base, then $5 for each additional sport” or something like that. I’d prefer it to be one price, whichever sport or sports you decide to use.

1 Like