New Pricing Survey [August 2020]

agree with above posts. i went through the 8 pages (each with 3 pricing options=24 total) and none of them looked like what i wanted. were they randomly put together? you have to choose your favorite of each group of 3 (none really looked good) and then answer “would you pay for this option?” to which i answered “no” to almost all i think. looks like they were trying to create a matrix of what is important to people. pricing ranged from 9$ -40$ a month i think. in the free text spot i told them not to make the strava mistake by taking away functionality! hopefully this means they are looking for feedback before any big changes

4 Likes

I got an email today with this info. A link to a survey with questions and these “packages”

1 Like

Same here. Guess it’s legit.

3 Likes

I would have thought/hoped that it would be best to keep it simple.
There is a Zwift Cycling package ie the one we already have and at some point a consumer would have to pay for the Zwift Running package. With a Zwift Rowing package to be paid for about 2 years down the line.
Why mess it all up?

1 Like

Where’s the Running only option?

1 Like

Billed annually… Yikes. If that’s legit I’m cancelling for certain.

1 Like

Assuming it is (new pricing scheme…) here are my $0.02…

Up until now, my subscription was subsidizing running/rowing development - and I am OK with that.

The new pricing scheme seems to indicate Zwift it trying to “finance” additional development by employing a price per usage policy: reduce price to recreational riders, charge separately for additional activities types (running, rowing), as well as increase price to more competitive activities in Zwift (eSports, anyone?)

This assumes there is enough interest in such activities so as to create enough additional revenue to allow further development.

I would be very surprised if that is the case… my take is that the vast (and silent) majority of Zwifters would not be interested in these - which would either lead to massive subscription cancellation or moving to the lowest tier possible.

This is not rocket science, which tells me either I am missing something here, or Zwift is.

1 Like

I’ve got it now too. Don’t panic, it’s clearly this:

1 Like

From my humble point of view it seems quite clear. The keyword here is “GREEDY”

Zwift is pretty greedy, as we could witness in all those “Covid”, “Support people in quarantine”, “Provide free access” threads & dramas during last several months …

Greediness often makes people “blind” and forces them to take some stupid steps … this “New pricing survey” seems to be typical example. Personally, I expect the worst …

Of course all mentioned above is my personal opinion. Ymmv …

4 Likes

In my nightmares.

4 Likes

Rather than inform resource investment decisions, I think it is much more like to inform return maximisation decisions.

3 Likes

My take on the survey. I think they are testing the waters (sorry) on changes to membership plans. I can’t see them not implementing these changes in some form. From what I can take there will be 3 types of membership - basic no frills, medium with events and improved data results and training, and the coach option with plans and all of the above - the full fat version!

Membership prices range from £9.99 to £34.99 a month. The issue I had with all the options was that not one suited me so in the comments section I asked for a mix and match option or they might find people not joining because they weren’t right.

Part of the survey asks for least favourite and most favourite options and they appear to be keen on pushing events like pro riders and us watching! I have no interest in paying for that opporunity, I want to train!! Will be interesting to see what happens down the line. One thing looks almost certain, Rowing is coming - only question is when!!

I have not seen any official posting anywhere so my opinion is its a fake of the topic creator or someone else.

It’s not fake. Fortunately we’ve got confirmation from… oh.

1 Like

Definitely not fake, plenty of people have received emails from Zwift today asking to complete the survey. Me included.

1 Like

Per Eric Min four weeks ago, “rowing is coming out in a few weeks.” [55:28 of Stream PYSO, ep. 60: Zwift CEO Eric Min on tradition and innovation by VeloNews | Listen online for free on SoundCloud]

I think everyone is reading a whole lot into this survey. I believe it is one of those surveys that try to find out what you really consider to be the most important part(s) of Zwift. Instead of just asking you to rank them they make crap like this to try to trick you into giving them your TRUE feelings. Most people would rank price as #1 which isn’t really true or we would all be driving a KIA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree, watching e-racing is very niche as the number of views on YouTube shows. Real life pros racing does not translate to zwift racing. Probably gets some “sponsorship” dollars in but I just can’t see it taking off. The “ride with a pro” events are very popular and zwift should probably be focused on these and other “Tour of” style events. The Haute Route was a brilliant event. Zwift has only increased the price once and I think for what it offers a price rise could be justified. But I think Zwift doesn’t really know what it wants to be…social tool, training tool, racing tool etc and it seems to be doing all of these reasonably well rather than providing an amazing experience in one of them. There has been a lack of development recently and the performance of the platform at times is very frustrating as was seen in the recent Tour for all events where Ios systems experienced multiple crashes. Before zwift start increasing prices, they need to develop a platform that first and foremost is stable for all users. This may sound boring but it is key. Then they need to innovate. It used to always be about new roads but unless those new roads are in Watopia the “general” feeling is like whohoo new world…oh er meh.

3 Likes

Incredulous!!

I honestly cannot believe such a poorly constructed survey was sent out. Zwift comms frequently leaves something to be desired, but the options given here look like the business studies coursework of a student who failed.

I didn’t receive it, but my initial thought when I saw this was they were devaluing those who want to use Zwift for a single sport.

Please Zwift; get your ears inside the community. Please!

8 Likes

I did reply to this survey, and pretty much let them know that I really only want what I already have, and that Zwift needs to improve the UI (close the program to switch worlds? Pathetic).
I couldn’t care less about running or rowing, and I don’t want to subsidize those operations. As it is, I ride all winter, but then not even once a month when spring & summer arrive.

Also, I didn’t appreciate the other survey, which was income/marketing/demographics, thinly veiled as an attempt to make for a better user experience.

I really like Zwift, but it does need a few improvements. With some seriously lacking features & potential price increases, they’re lucky that they’re the only real option right now.

1 Like