New Gaming PC for zwift. Need advice

Yeah I was looking at 4k tv’s yesterday and you can pick up a 43/50" for between £250-300 which would be a bit cheaper than a gaming monitor. I did buy a 50" plasma to tied me over but being only 2 or so feet away from the screen it did make be go goggly eyed lol

My sarcasm didn’t come across very well. I’m not sure who can really afford a pc like that, I certainly hope they are doing a lot more than just Zwift, if they can afford that.

I read an interesting piece the other day that 4k is so fine that the human eye truly can’t appreciate what it is. 8k only really makes sense if it’s over 80 inches, but I now wonder if even that is beyond what our bodies can process.

lol that’s no probs at all mate. A true gamer which spends his life locked away would probably have that spec lol. Yeah at 2 feet away 1080p will easily do the job to be honest no probs. I just don’t want to waste money on a spec’ing up a PC with a powerful CPU if it’s a waste of time. I won’t be multi tasking, just riding. I’ve seen some nice spec’d PCs for around £6-700.

1 Like

I have my 27" about 12" from my handlebars and I think that is the perfect distance. I don’t want bigger just wider. LOL

Yes I tried a 47" but moved it to the treadmill it was to big for Zwift upclose

Even with my cpu multi tasking is not a problem. I have 3 screens…yes I know. I can Zwift netflix and have Zwift power running no prob.

1 Like

Thanks Gerrie, you have been very helpful today. I think as long as I get a 6 core AMD and a decent GPU I can’t go wrong lol.

2 Likes

My 2014 lenovo stopped cutting it years ago. I use my wife’s dell for Zwift when she’s not working but I’m in the market for something too. I’m tempted to just go for an Apple TV but I don’t want to because of have to fight with the cable adapter and stupid remote.

I had apple tv and it was a nightmare for me. I won’t ever connect to Bluetooth again. Ant+ defo for me. I had to put a new ssd drive in my laptop and was using my iPhone via Bluetooth and the resistance was completely different. It was like someone had sped up the inertia up on my kickr lol. I had to go up two cogs to get the same resistance compared to Ant+. So glad it’s back to normal now I have my laptop back up and running. Yeah the graphics were good but no shadows when I had mine. It’s a convenient device but it only it had a usb port and could run Ant+. It would be a win win for me then.

I really just wish for two things. A hard wired version of my CycleOps/Saris Hammer and the ability to run Zwift on the new generations of Xbox or Playstation. Those both have more than enough power to blow the socks off what Zwift can offer at the moment.

Wired trainer will be nice, but I must say mine have not have any dropouts, using ant+ on an extension mounted on the trainer