NEW FEATURE (LAP Button in the Companion)

NEW FEATURE (LAP Button in the Companion)

On most if now all GPS units it has a LAP button. This comes in very handy when you are feeling good and fancy doing some random over/under efforts are intervals. I use it lots on my way to work. I would be very handy if the Companion application or press the letter "L" for lap. You should then be able to get your LAP efforts and track improvements.

Laps are indeed a very handy function in training or not-programmed workouts. But i don’t feel the need (sorry!) to implement this in Zwift as it’s easy to do a U-turn and do a lap between fixed points already pointed out in different routes.

I make use of these when i’m going to interval. I’ts also easier as you pass the starting point and go as hard as you need/want and pass the finish point without touching any button. When you’re recovered make a U-turn and do it again. Just saying. That’s training, no?

1 Like

Hi, great idea and point. This will not give you lap data if you wish to look at in in Zwift/Strava afterwards. So you can’t see power/cadence/heart efforts per interval. Unless I am missing something. This will also be the same out on the road.

Hi Tony,

You’re right about that. You would miss the data except time. My excuses.

I’m going to say now that it might be a good feature then. But i’ve to admit that when i do intervals or a specific training, i always use a workout method (with or without ERG). But i follow you when you are just freeriding in Zwift, you don’t have this feature, unless you use a 2nd (bike-)computer beside Zwift.

1 Like

I did have a go with a bike computer & Zwift at the same time, but the Bluetooth/Ant+ keep dropping out. Sometimes your Avatar will move and then it stays still when you pedal, so I guess they are clashing. Thanks very much for your ideas and feedback. Hopefully the DEV team can add the LAP option i the future

1 Like

I am new to ZWIFT and was looking for the same LAP-button/function… Too bad it’s not available!

3 Likes

I would also really like to see Zwift add a method to record a lap inside the FIT file. I have used the custom workouts which do this but for coach led sessions, such as group interval sessions, you don’t know always know what is coming up until the call is made. Currently I use my Garmin to record the laps but I always end up with two FIT files that are slightly different, so it would be nice to just use Zwift. Personally I use either an iPad or an Apple TV for Zwift, so I guess options to record the lap from the Companion or the remote/dashboard? Many Thanks

1 Like

This should be considered essential. If you’re doing a session or Kom attempt, you need to be able to lap at the start and monitor your average HR or watts. It’s disappointing this isn’t in zwift already

2 Likes

I need this for my intervalls (Apple TV)

It goss without saying that this is important for serious tracking of training data. Zwift, please get it done, it is not that difficult.

1 Like

I’m tired of having to dual record every time I want to do a workout that requires me to do laps. Any progress in adding a lap button? I’m not sure if I remember correctly, as it was a long time ago, but wasn’t there a lap button on beta?

1 Like

Can’t believe this hasn’t been implemented by now. Come on Zwift

1 Like

I believe implementing the feature itself is trivial because it’s just a time marker and it already has similar logic for workout. I believe what is preventing this is the UI part (implementing in the game UI and the companion app)

Zwift, please add a lap button, with Lap Power and Lap HR!!!

3 Likes

It is depressing to see that this has been asked for since 2015. I want to be able to hit a lap button after a race finishes so I can easily separate race metrics from cool down metrics in TP. Why is it so hard?? I really don’t give a rip about new worlds, please give us some functionality.

3 Likes

Absolutely. I do exclusively interval training and I analyze my efforts in Garmin Connect. I need that to translate. This really is a fundamental feature.

Yes, please put a lap button feature on the app. Kinda silly there isnt one there. Of all the other enhancements Zwift has spent time on that have little or no training value, this one actually has lots of practical training use and seems super basic. A lap timer and a couple of lap metrics on screen (avg lap power, avg lap HR, etc…)…is that difficult to do? I am genuinely surprised there hasnt been more noise about the absence of this feature.

1 Like

Is comical at this point that Zwift has not added a lap button that track laps and parses the data when sent to training peaks. The facts that Zwift claims it’s not only for people who like to cycle, but also competitive athletes make even more ridiculous. They just added “steering” in the last update. While this is fun it’s will do nothing for PRs or race prep and should have never been added before a lap button. I am going to start looking at some of the new Zwift like options rolling out since zwift can’t listen to its base.

1 Like

48 votes in 3 years.

I’d say that hardly presents an overwhelming case for its inclusion.

Do a search for “lap button” and see how many requests for one are sitting in the archives alone.

1 Like