My rider won’t move on Zwift!

Bryton cadence paired on crank
Garmin speed on rear wheel
I do not think there is a pairing issue as its automatic and I’ve unpaired repaired a dozen times.

I do not see any pairing issues here

Does it register any speed when you pedal in the pairing screen or always stay at 0?

Everything is hooked up to my Garmin edge 1030 and functioning real well. On zwift screen the W is always 0 but speed captured since issue started

What i have is a 5g wifi band and a 2.4wifi band as that was how the home wifi router was setup from the provider since before. Never had challenges prior to this. I am leaning on perhaps its a failed Ant+ or something? As tempted to head out to purchase new Ant+, new cadence and speed sensors etc but i doubt my sensors are the issue since it works on my Edge 1030.
So perhaps the ant+ is faulty?
Will also replace all batteries again all over in the coming hours. Any ideas is much appreciated

I would try disconnecting from the Garmin edge first, turn it off, then open Zwift and pair the sensors. Do you use an extension cable to get the ant+ sensor closer to the trainer?

Why does it say “in ride 500” on the pairing screen instead of Garmin speed sensor or something?

Everything was done before on a dozen times
Will try again. Oddly never had such issues before thus6

Garmin speed sensor is on my in ride btwin trainer. Somehow it detects the trainer always had been the case too

Yes an extension cable

Good observation @Ben_Brawn, the garmin speed sensor isn’t being detected. Does the trainer have a built in sensor?

Nah I just checked and this is actually how zwift shows what trainer you selected when you are using a speed sensor.

1 Like

Bingo so not a trainer issue. Hahha am quite speechless atm as i know what am pairing or doing but perhaps I’ve missed something . Will give all electrical units new battery life to see

2 Likes

I got my Ant+ to store, guy tested works real fine. When i got it back to plug into my laptop the above error message popped up.
The store guy concluded its also a zwift issue from the looks of things
Any further advice?

I think that error is due to your network speed.

1 Like

Looking back at Shooj’s message, he said the cadence sensor was new as of June 17th, maybe that is causing some interference with the Garmin speed sensor? Can you unpair the cadence sensor and remove the battery so it is not giving out a signal and then just try the speed sensor? At least that will rule out the possibility that the cadence sensor is causing the issue. Maybe Garmin and Bryton is a bad combination of sensors??

1 Like
  1. Batteries changed on all dongles
  2. Ant+ works and confirmed via seller in hardware test and retesting
  3. Removed Garmin sensor, bought a brand new Bryton sensor
  4. All Bryton sensors connected to Edge 1030 and Zwift
  5. Avatar finally moved however only on a Samsung phone so was zwifting holding onto my cell phone
  6. Tried repairing everything on my Surface pro 7 - NahDah. Refuses to pair
  7. Forgot to mention that i also removed the Ant+ and connected everything via Bluetooth on my Samsung phone

Any reasons why my surface pro won’t connect to any of the dongles?

It could be a system driver issue with the ANT+ dongle? They are usually plug and play. Have you tried without connecting to the Edge, turn that off and see if it works?