My Apple TV has hung

Tried to do the “4 Horsemen” twice now, but Zwift (apple 4K) broke down (screen froze) at the same place both times. It happens when going under the banner, to start the desent down “Alpe de Zwift”.

Doing the route as a MeetUp, gonna try to just pick the route directly in Watopia next saturday tho.

Same here crashed several times on AppleTV4k, Tour was road2sky or meetup.
Seems to be a bug from my PoV

I run Zwift on an Apple TV, the companion app on an iPhone. In the last 3 rides on a particular event, the first approx 4 weeks ago, I’ve had the Apple TV display freeze at same place in the ride each time (about half way round the loop at the top of the Alpe); sound continues on the Apple TV, the companion app continues to display metrics and movement on the map, however the Apple TV doesn’t respond - the only way to end the ride is to power down or do a hard restart. Once stopped, the ride appears in activities only as a ride in Watopia, the event doesn’t get a mention, and both distance and time metrics are a little short. I’ve also been having the issue with other events not uploading to Strada, and the fit file not being usable, that appears to have been created after the last Zwift update. My internet connection is solid and high speed

1 Like

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ can we merge these threads please? Thanks.

Thanks @Steve_Hammatt .

They are all together now.

1 Like

Same here. Apple TV 2021 using companion on Samsung A40. First time on 22nd July doing the Roval Ride. After the results I chose “Stay here” then just after the banner starting the downhill my screen crashed but sound, trainer and map on companion still working. Rode down hill and saved via companion however was bitten by the other bug also as I had rode for a min in New York before the race which caused a bust fit file. Then again today 30th July, doing the Roval Ride once again and low and behold screen crash in exactly the same place. As before all other aspects of the game working so I again rode to to the bottom of hill but before I used the companion to save I used the “Picture” function on companion app. It took the pic of a shagged screen as attached. Save file this time was good. Well nearly a month since OP and still no fix. This needs sorting ASAP as we don’t spend out hard earned for this.

Does anyone know if this bug has been corrected, was planning to do the horsemen in the morning but would prefer not to have this ‘surprise’ at the end.
ta

There hasn’t been a game update since it was reported, so there’s no fix. Don’t waste your time and effort.

much obliged. an excuse has readily presented itself!

1 Like

Same with me, happened twice now at the exact same spot right after the banner about to descend ADZ. The latest one was yesterday during the Norseman event.

Zwift app screen locked up last 3 times after complete Alpe and crossing finish line to go DOWN hill. Saturday was 4 Horsemen. 3rd request. Add me to the list

If this happened when you went “back” under the banner it has happened three times to me. Unrecoverable freeze in the App.

happened on Alpe with me as well, crossing back through the banner. This is a very specific bug but it cost me the Norseman 7 Horseman credit even though I went ahead and finished the route.

Chris, I have had the same issue and reported it to Zwift, they had not heard that anyone else had the issue. Happened to me twice on Specialized Roval series and Saturday on Norseman. Very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced app freeze when passing back under the banner on either Epic KOM / Radio Tower or Alpe du Zwift? This has happened three ties to me (twice during Specialized Roval challenges and once Saturday during Norseman) in the last 2 weeks and is making me crazy.
For 2 of the 3 I was able to use the Companion App to finish but yesterday it was on AdZ and only halfway through the Norseman ride and did not continue in Companion App.
I have the ride in my Activities showing that I did the route and distance (and elevation) but no credit for the Norseman ride. Incredibly frustrating on a once a Year ride.

Admin - please merge with My Apple TV HAS HUNG THREAD.

1 Like

Still happening to me, as of last night (this has been an issues since the update about 5 or 6 weeks ago): event up the Alpe, Apple TV video freezes as I cross back under the banner heading to the descent. Apple TV sound continues, the companion app continues; I’m able to exit on completing the ride, and save, via the companion app

This has happened to me twice as well :worried:

I thought there was standards applied to iOS Apps and the App wouldnt be approved or released if there was bugs in it?

How long till we start kicking complaints towards Apple to get the ATV issues resolved as the platform seems to be getting worse every release

This issue has happened to me 5 times now at the top of the Alpe, always in a meet up, but I’ve not tried without a meetup so that may not be relevant. Would be good to get a fix for this as its clearly happening to a lot of people.