Missing time on Movember Event

I believe I’ve rode around 11 hours now (not including my first November ride as I forgot to hit lets go on the Movember Mission tab) yet it only says I’ve done 7.1 hours :confounded: All of my rides are saved on My Companion correctly though :woman_shrugging:t3:

So far, according to my activity feed via the companion app with images showing me wearing the movember kit, I’ve logged ~11.5hrs, mainly rides, with a couple of runs.

I’m stuck on 7.8. I’ve been awarded the 75% jersey twice!

Last day tomorrow and 1.5hr ride planned.

What gives Zwift? All of these have been single rides i.e. log in, ride, exit. All but one using Zwift Android, the other in the Windows app.

I click to register the Movember event ride November 2nd. It wasn’t till November 11 that it hasn’t recorded any of my time. I re-register on November 12. Since November 12, I rode for 12 hours, it only shows 8 hours.

Ray

I was wondering; today it’s december 1st, and the counter disappeared. But I still have the 75% jersey. Can I finish the event today, to get the 100%? Or will the jersey disappear after a while?

Hi,

I solved the Movember Mission as cyclist and got a badge for this mission. It counts also as completed mission, but now after 1st December the badge and count were deleted?
Is this a bug?

Same here, I show that I did 14hr 18 min in November and I had 9.6 showing on my Movember counter on 11/30 USA time and so I did 45 more mins waiting for it to say completed, when I finished the Movember was gone.
I believe that I contacted support, but no response as of yet.

Contacted support as suggested, but without any reaction or follow up. I can image there must be a lot of messages, why not a reaction to this forum on what is to happen or will not happen?