Missing Live Data Update

Hi Flint, This is a separate issue and one that I raised a while ago but it kind of got forgotten about since there were bigger problems.

Hopefully now that the Live data is looking better perhaps you could look at this…

https://forums.zwift.com/t/zwiftpower-fit-files-for-ttt/527125

1 Like

@shooj - So, race discussion has completely disappeared now that it’s gone from the ZwiftPower page. The ‘elegant solution’ is obviously going into the backlog of change requests and not important enough to fix. It’s easy though - have the existing link on the results sheet point to a thread named with the convention you posted earlier, or create it if it doesn’t exist.

I really want to give this a chance, but everything is getting worse, not better. ZwiftPower live doesn’t work anymore, Zwift is less stable… just stop breaking things. ZwiftPower and the racing community is the only thing other than momentum Zwift has over a bunch of competitors right now. Communities have a lot of inertia, but I’ve watched online communities move locations wholesale before.

I’ve done a few rides on RGT now. I tried it last summer, but was really unstable at the time. Seems better now, and RGT-DB is starting to give some race results.

2 Likes

They’re also developing an ELO style ranking system. If it works well this could be a key differentiator.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that RGT are starting to provide some much-needed competition to Zwift.

2 Likes

Now there’s a race format I’d like to see (and maybe even do myself); everybody connect to both platforms and do a race on the same course on both simultaneously with the same power source, combined placings decide the final results omnium-style.

I think there are some holes in the ELO-derived rankings ruleset they’ve got so far, but hopefully most can be plugged.

1 Like

Yeah hopefully just a starting point. If you use rankings to determine categories as opposed to matchmaking, you end up with people stuck at the top or stuck at the bottom. ‘Dynamism’ is the key. There is a rankings system for online car racing that is apparently the best in class, I cannot remember what it is called though.

This one What is iRating? Answers & Tips to boost your iRating! | Sim Racing Rigs?

This one also explains how this works for car racing https://d3bxz2vegbjddt.cloudfront.net/members/pdfs/20201028-iRacing-Sporting-Code_dated_Oct_28_2020.pdf A lot is specific to car racing, but it is also easy to see the similarities to bike racing.

1 Like

Doesn’t that depend on a few factors.

• not all events are split by category, in an open event a rider would risk losing more points
  • if decay is factored into the rankings you still need to race to stay at the top

The system is very much at beta stage in order to assess the rollout and look for weaknesses.

I understand that completely. It’s the right starting point, but dynamic matchmaking is what makes it foolproof. Ole-Kristian is correct with the iRating link above, that would be ideal.

I partly wrote that for my own understanding :grinning:

One thing that is being considered is the ability for event organisers to determine their own category boundaries which would be possible as every rider is assigned a numerical rank. This would also provide more fluidity around who riders were competing against, as well as an opportunity to really narrow down boundaries. Why do we have 4 categories? Why not 10, that could be an option.

1 Like

Agreed, and it makes sense for those boundaries to be set by the organiser. Regardless of entry numbers, a race of 20 riders plays out very differently to a race of 80 riders. It allows for so many more race types.

A similar approach is used by British Rowing. All rowers have an individual score but its left to organisers to determine the event boundaries. Sometimes this is set up front, other times it is set after all the entries are entered so that you can evenly split the entries across a number of categories. Lots of possibilities.

Just completed duathlon race #4 and when exiting Zwift after bike to reenter and do the run, ‘Zwift shutdown unexpectedly’ and my bike results did not register. The same thing happened after race 1. This does not happen for any other bike event. Very frustrating!

Hi Flint,

missing all data for ZwiftPower ID 2715117
for following event IDs (all non wtrl races):
#1856459.

Best regards
Alex

1 Like

You must send an e-mail to zwiftpower@zwift.com, with link to your profile.
Are your activities set to public?

Hi Milan,

mail to zwiftpower? I’ve done this yesterday and I was told to follow this thread with missing values and should not write any further email cause any news regarding this error is published centrally in this thread.
So I’m a bit confused about the procedure.

It’s my girl friends profile → ZwiftPower ID 2715117.
All activities are set to public with no exception.
5 of 66 races are w/o any values, rest is ok.

Best regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

A quick look at the ZP profile all events have only Live Data (Green lightning bolt) which means ZP is never receiving .fit files for full power data. This is usually because events in Zwift are not set to public, but maybe there is also another reason.

For those 5 events that have NO data I can only assume Live Data didn’t work, which was an ongoing problem until recently when it seems to be pretty well fixed.

I don’t know if that helps much but I do think they are 2 separate issues, I’d concentrate on trying to get the .fit files to come through first and see how it goes.

Sam

@xflintx here we go again i think :frowning:
ZRL Season 3 Division 1 emea zid=1977795 watts missing

Yep… 3 out of my last 4 events have data that is not updating, including WTRL TTT from yesterday. Zwift cannot seem to get things right.