Mega Crashing in Win 10

I’m having a heck of a time keeping Zwift going, it keeping freezing up just minutes into Run or Ride workouts for the past couple weeks or so. I’ve rebooted, and also Zwift updated today to version*.*.*474 and still… crashing like 4 times. What’s going on ? Its worked beautifully in the past and now crashing like crazy. Other apps are not crashing. Is there a fix needed on the server or app?

Take a look in the event log.

Which hardware are you using?
CPU, GPU, SSD or HDD?
Win 10 and all drivers up to date?

I use Win 10 PC 3rd year, since upgraded GPU one year ago absolutely no problems (Tacx Neo, powermeter, pairing with Companion and/or ANT+).

1 Like

Well, I have the same Problems for About 2 weeks now (maybe since the last update).
Freezing at the beginning and sometimes during the ride.
In my opinion it is also takes mor time to enter Zwift.

I haven’t changed anything…

I thought I am alone with this problem :wink:

Best regards

Well, it is impossible to help when getting no informations…

https://forums.zwift.com/t/guide-to-getting-useful-support/425781

There seem to be many users with Intel UHD / Iris GPU experiencing crashes since the last update - that is one of the reasons I ask.

Win 10 or drivers not up to date is another possible reason; there are still some users with Win 7 PCs…

1 Like

Thanks Milan, yes, its a dell laptop, inspiron Intel Core i5, 8GB x1 DDR4, 2666MHz, 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics with shared memory (I wonder if this is the problem as you suggested?) Actually the recent update. Its been running fine for a long time until now. I havent had problems for months running or riding but now everytime it locks up. the system goes not responding and I have to close, then reboot to reset the bluetooth otherwise they have trouble reconnecting. it wont go 10 or 15 minutes before crashing. I’ll try to pull the event logs idk if that will help.

i just sent in event log to support, hoping for a fix, thanks B for providing that link. thanks everyone, hopefully this will help them fix.

Hi Jim,
to make it clear - I am not Zwift employee, just user like you, trying to help. I hope you will get some support from Zwift, but there seem to be some changes in the last update which need more GPU power.
Just for your information - I upgraded from Nvidia GT 730 to GTX 1650. This GPU is a LOW END GPU for games, costs about 160 Euros.
And here compared with Intel UHD:

There are more UHD GPUs, I don’t know which one you have - but the gap to the GPX 1650 is really big. I am not sure if Zwift can fix this issue…

Comparison with GT 730 (6 years old):

That means the GPU I did not want to use anymore (FPS dropped to 15 sometimes) had more gaming power than Intel UHD.

I know, this is no help for you, sorry…

EDIT - link to GT 730 comparison

Thanks again Milan for all the great info, I really appreciate it. Looks like my graphics card is build onto the motherboard so I’m out of luck for upgrading it. Now I’m wondering the the best route to access Zwift. Via windows or apple tv? I really didn’t want to purchase anything.

Yes, you cannot upgrade the GPU on a laptop.
I found this article:

But I am not sure if it is an option for you (I personally do not like to experiment with the registry). Perhaps try to find infos / recommendations from Intel?
Perhaps Zwift knows and can/want do anything for the users of Intel GPUs?

Would an Android mobile phone or tablet be an option for you? Many Samsung phones have integrated ANT+ and Zwift App can pair smart trainers as controllable (ANT FEC). But it depends on you - do you want to use a TV or can you live with phone/tablet?
Another option is to build a dedicated PC.
Apple TV seems to be the cheapest option, but can you live with the (basic) graphics?

I do not want to recommend anything what I do not know, used my PC all the time and tested only Android (was just curious about my “old” HTC U11).
And another unknown variable is the trainer you are using…

Your findings may explain why I keep getting this…

The program ZwiftApp.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 262c
Start Time: 01d6e3a5e3548c95
Termination Time: 23
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zwift\ZwiftApp.exe
Report Id: 19e4bf3c-95cc-4447-a9d2-1a4f50e40ea8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Just an update, I think I may have this resolved. I uninstalled zwift and re-installed it and it seems to be working fine. I notice when the intersection icon pops up, to allow you to choose right or left hand turn, seems a little choppy, otherwise i think the re-install solved it. Maybe the checksum was not quite right, idk.