March 2021 Update issues

you write please support zwift

Another puzzled Tacx Blue Motion user here. Same incorrect power readings.

Windows 10
Tacx Blue Motion
Wahoo Speed & Cadence sensors
No Power Meter
built-in Bluetooth

Big thx to Jesper for his workaround!

Im having the same issue. Using a Tacx Boost, Garmin Speed Sensor and a Mac OS.m Watts are through the roof on my laptop however all seems to be fine if I use the Zwift App on my phone.

Please fix missing my workouts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this, it worked for me and meant I could do a grand fondo today.

1 Like

Thanks Martin - I spent all evening looking at my setup to conclude the issue must be in the game. Massively disappointed so thank you for this workaround - much appreciated.

Also have the power curve issue. Below is my setup both before and after update.

Which computer OS are you using?
Win 10
What trainer?
Tax Blue Matic
Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model?
Tacx T2015
Is there a standalone power meter? Which one?
No power meter
Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals?
Bluetooth
Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?
Computer built in.

Windows 10 Pro and Android (Samsung) Tested on both same problem
Tacx Booster
Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor (GEN 3 BSCM)
No PWR Meter
Tested both ANT+ and BT same problem on both
Using ANT+ USB on PC and built-in BT on PC and Built-in ANT+ and BT on Android

1 Like

Following someone else’s advice I have just switch from the Tacx Booster trainer profile to use a Fluid PRO trainer profile, and my watts match the RPM’s and Speed I had before the update, so work round in place.

1 Like

thank you very much, still I think this is absolutely inacceptable to roll out an update that messes with basic metrics to such a degree and affecting so many - paying - users. do better, zwift. I cant believe this hasnt been fixed either…

2 Likes

Hi I’m also having problems with my wattage, zwift keeps kicking me out of sprints saying I’m a pro biking or wrong set up! Frustrating reset a few times only happened since last up date! Stopping me putting my all into my training. With wrong setting. :rage:

2 Likes

Bonjour.j’ai le même problème…je crois que je vais quitter “zwift” .dommage je commencai a apprécier.je roule sur tacx booster avec capteur de vitesse + de cadence garmin. CDLT

One week and this is not yet fixed, and no comment from the zwift team to say that it will be fixed soon. I’ll finish my training plan, and probably cancel my subscription.
One week to revert something that was working before.
I’m a dev, and I don’t understand.
Lack of respect for paying subscribers.

5 Likes

I have the same issue. All of a sudden I could easily hit 600 watts with no real effort.

I got a message on segments saying the settings were wrong a d the segment wasn’t be counted. Very fustrating.

I have it going through my IPhone Max
Wahoo cadence sensor with a wahoo speed and heart rate all connected via Bluetooth and using a tacx booster trainer

Select a different trainer as per Jespers post…:+1:

1 Like

This is what I did, after messing one evening with my devices and trying to understand what was wrong.
And I think a lot of users did this, and a lot just give up because they don’t know it has a bug.

Select a different trainer is a workaround, and like any workaround, this is not perfect.

2 Likes

this ruined my training last week!!

On the laptop watts were thought the roof and on the phone app watts were good but rpm’s very very low

• Which computer OS are you using?
    Latest OS X on laptop (and latest OS on iPhone)
  • What trainer?
    Tacx Blue Matic
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model?
    Wahoo Cadence and speed sensor
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals?
    No idea but sure its bluetooth
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?
    Bluetooth

Has anyone else contacted Zwift support by email. I have, and had a response saying they are looking into it. Just thought if everyone emailed in as well as posting on this forum, we may get a better response? Just a thought…

There is a workaround available. See March 2021 Update issues - #117 by Jesper_ZwiftHacks

1 Like

There’s a thread wrt. the earlier (still unresolved) chat issues that you’re describing, here, but no updates on the status since Eric’s message: Group ride chat funkiness---can only see some of the messages - #64 by Tim_Lin_BMTR

The March 16th update introduced the additional issue of chat-related crashing…

The same for me…