Makuri Islands crashing after Neokyo update [Windows 8]

Then the problem is solved WITHOUT your idol’s help. And guess what, it was not my HW.

Why are you so angry man?

You came here with a problem and start attacking people who are trying to take time to help you.

5 Likes

You could let us know what the solution was, perhaps it is helpful for others, too.

4 Likes

FTR, I have the same problem, only Makuri crashes, other worlds are ok. It crashes after blue loading screen. I tried it on November 19, around 8pm CET, in case someone would like to look in some login logs…
Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium (I know…)
GeForce GTX 760 (6G memory)
Nvidia driver 388.13 (I know…)
RAM 8G
Intel i5-4590 @ 3.3GHz
No antivirus, no overclocking.

You know - why not Win 10?
Ride on!

Nearly same problem. Zwift crashes when it tries to switch to Makuri. No Bluescreen. App is closed and I’m back on the desktop. No problems with other worlds. I already tried a new Zwift installation.

Windows 10 64bit Home 21H2 (no updates available)
Zwift version 1.19.2
i7-7700HQ @ 2.8 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Graphic NVidia GTX 1050 (driver 497.09)

Anybody an idee? Thank you.

Same problem here.

I use Win11 and a ‘good’ PC, Requiirements should not be a problem.

Any ideas?

Trying and trying at the end I can join.

Today, impossible again.
Everything works fine except when I try to enter to MAkuri stages.

If you can give me any idea it will be welcome.

More information (GPU, CPU) would help.

Take a look at this

I don’t think, that it has something to do with the speed of the PC.
First I switched the resolution in the app to the lowest. No effect. The app crashed.

Then I used another laptop with less speed.
Windows 10Pro 21H1
i5-8250 @ 1.6 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Graphic Intel UHD 620

No problem to enter Makuri with this laptop.

I believe GTX 1050 gets Ultra profile, HD 620 not - perhaps that is what makes a difference.

Did you read the thread I linked? Trust what @Dave_ZPCMR writes.

1 Like

Yes I did and I have no reason not to beleave him in what he is writing in this thread. But it is a different topic. I don’t have an instable or low framerate. I don’t have the world at all. My ship sinks on the way to the islands. :wink:

As I said, it works fine on the laptoop with the slower performance. I will do my ride this afternoon with this one. It is a workaround but no solution.

I found another mistake. Actually Zwift makes an advertising for the Neokyo badge hunting on the left side of the screen. On the laptop that runs Makuri there is a graphic. On the other there is no graphic and you have no button to join. Looks like not my ship sinks on the way. Makuri went straight after Atlantis and sunk on this computer. :thinking:

1 Like

8Gb of RAM might not be enough, just upgraded to 32gb (board max)
Zwift was running “ok”, I’d noticed an issue with Firefox eating RAM, especially with YouTube running.
Turns out my SSD was shoulding a lot of work with Page/ Swap files, easily in the 16+Gb range when Neokyo was on, cpu was cruising at 50+% too (Ryzen 3 2200G, 1050Ti, 240Gb SSD, cable broadband), currently using 9GB ram with a HD YubeTube running.
Can’t talk about 4k, but suspect that is all down to the graphics card.
Edit: Win 10 machine

Zwift itself typically uses less than 1GB of RAM; I’ve never seen it using more than 1.5GB in Task Manager and I’ve tested it successfully at 60fps on a system with 2GB of DDR3 (total) :rofl:. Obviously if you’re running a ton of other programs at the same time then you’d need more to prevent the whole system bogging down, but Zwift doesn’t need much and doesn’t benefit from it.

thanks, I’ll let the App know :rofl:
Edit: I’ve been running Task Manager & HWiNFO64, I’ll let them know too :slight_smile:
I am running a more then Zwift, but also I can see the RAM usage climb, the lack of Pagefiles, etc.
12.0 - 9.7 > 1.5Gb (Watopia Desert, 9.7Gb was the start & end value, 12Gb was the avatar on the road

1 Like

Today I retried Makuri… immediate crash.
As written above multiple times, it might be an option that graphics HW is a problem with new world, yes. BUT it makes no sense that it workes sometimes (i was able to load + ride makuri) and sometimes not…
Fun fact: the log file’s last message is “ZwiftApp crashed”…I can accept if my System is out of date… but if the application seems to KNOW about an issue…why not telling me??? :slight_smile:
The not-knowing-why is really unsatisfIng.

“ZwiftApp crashed” will be the catch all error message, ie the code doesn’t have an error trap for the failure to be able to give more details, it’s annoying, but better the nothing, I suppose.
On my old laptop, when Zwift was a lot smaller, it would crash randomly, I suspect it was because sometimes it would run of resources and sometime not.
My fix at the time was way over the top in getting a basic gaming PC, given what has happened in the last 2 years it paid off, then Neokyo happened making it mandatory by the look of it

Only going off my own experience with the game. As I said, I don’t run a ton of other programs alongside it so it’s not a like for like comparison. It’s the implication that more than 8GB of system RAM may be needed to prevent Makuri Islands crashing that I think is a bit misleading. It’s never crashed for me once on my main system with 8GB, it launches just fine on my boggo laptop with 8GB, and it’s been fine with 8GB with all the other PCs I’ve built since its launch. 32GB is crazy.

Edit: you piqued my interest so I just spawned into Tempus Fugit to test my rig as per your post above. This is 4K, Ultra profile, holding 95fps (vsync capped). ZwiftApp.exe was using 735MB, and started going down before I got bored. :wink:

I’d have to see what it’s like on Neokyo.

Zwift App for me was running at ~1,550mb (now I’ve got both .net v3.5 & v4.8)
tbf Firefox was 2,800mb
32Gb for a number of reasons, I’m not messing around, future proof (I’m not buying ram twice!), I do run a lot of open apps, WFH, spotify can do some odd things too and I occationally will spin up SQL Server (which is not known for claiming all the memory… oh wait :slight_smile: )
8Gb looked right for my uses, but I’ve seen too many server stats over the years and had many discussions with too many server guys, I knew something wasn’t right - now do I find it odd that my normal running has jumped to 9.xGb from 7.5Gb yes & no, I realised too late I’d not checked my swap file usage before installing the new ram (D’oh!)

1 Like

Just wouldn’t want anyone going out and spending a relative fortune on RAM to try and resolve what seems like a bug with some system configurations (classic Zwift). Glad you’re sorted anyway, I didn’t mean to start an argument about it. :+1:

1 Like