macOS Monterey 12.1 problem

I’m on an Intel-based MacBook Pro and Zwift hasn’t worked without crashing since I upgraded to Monterey. It’ll run for about 35-40 minutes and then freeze. The screen will lock and then Zwift has crashed. I’ve tried reinstalling zwift and Monterey and is not solve the issue.

Integrated GPU?

yes, Intel Iris Plus Graphics

Same issue here.

Any update or we should be looking for a different cycling app?

nothing. it is a shame this support

Having the same issue. It is happening everytime I use the app after 15/20 mins.
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

have sent logs to the support team

Have received a response and was told this was a known issue which they are working on! However no ETA given.

Has anyone managed to get an estimate on when a fix would be in?

I suggest you all to downgrade to Big Sur.

That’s what I’ll do.

I don’t care much about Monterey and nothing is happening on Zwift’s side (no solution so far) and I can’t wait much longer.

i will cancel the payment. it´s ridiculous to pay for nothing :rage: :rage:

I am not a Mac expert, but could it be the problem with Intel iGPU? Is a known issue on Win 10 PCs, some users had a workaround - downgraded Intel driver.

But as stated above - don’t know if it possible with Mac.

Any updates or solutions on this? I updated to Monterey 12.1 last night and now Zwift keeps crashing my computer when I try to use it. I’ve deleted and reinstalled Zwift but that did not fix. thx. for any help anyone has.

1 Like

nothing :rage: :rage: :rage:

There’s a big thread on Monterey problems, including some responses from Zwift, at macOS Monterey 12.0.1 Zwift crashing

same solution: NOTHING!