macOS Monterey 12.0.1 Zwift crashing [SOLVED]

Hi togehter,

I have updated my Mac OS today to the latest version from Monterey 12.0.1
After a few minutes riding, Zwift is crashing abruptly.

Has somebody the same problem?

Thank you in advance and regards
Timo

Not something I’ve experienced, also up on 12.0.1 - I’m on an M1 MacBook Air.

Zwift support say, that this build from Mac OS isn’t supported.

I’d reply to them stating that this is the current version of MacOS. Send them this link as well, maybe: macOS - Official Apple Support

There’s obviously been some delay with updating the support docs as it’s just come out.

I have already informed Zwift, that this is the current version from Mac OS and many other users from Zwift will update their apple devices.
I asked them, when this version will be supported.

Hi @tIMo226 welcome to Zwift forums

We have multiple macOS Monterey users successfully able to use Zwift. It may require that you do a complete uninstall of all Zwift-related files before installing the latest game version.

Please see this other thread and try the steps there. Would you loop back and let us know if that resolves it for you?

2 Likes

Hey Shuji,

thank you for this hint.
I have removed and reinstalled Zwift now.

I will have a ride later and we will see what’s happen and inform afterwards.

Regards, Timo

@tIMo226
Very good, thanks.

The simple mac uninstall will not remove the files under Application Support. Be sure to follow all the steps in this Support Hub article including the steps to keep your Personal Bests and Custom Workouts from being deleted.

Hi @shooj

after reinstall Zwift - it looks like that it works.
I had a short ride with 1h on Zwift and no issues so far.

Thank you and regards
Timo

2 Likes

Come on Zwift Team! It’s 11/5/21 and you guys don’t have a patch yet?? I’ve read the suggestions on the forum, deleting the client and files, reloading… the game is crashing! Not fair! Need help, many of us on the new Mac OS Monterey!

Also seeing this issue. Tried the full removal/re-install twice and still no luck.

When the fresh install launches it hangs at trying to download a new version (even though I just grabbed the installer from the Zwift site). If I close the app and re-launch, it results in an infinite beach-ball spinner.

UPDATE: Adding log below. Appears to continue to timeout trying to download the update manifest.

[8:22:06 2021-11-11] Downloader: Attempting to try again downloading "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" 
[8:22:07 2021-11-11] Downloader::Update() local path = /Users/username/Downloads/ZwiftTemp/ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml
[8:22:33 2021-11-11] Launcher: Webview loaded some URL.
[8:22:33 2021-11-11] Launcher: Found Zwift Scheme.
[8:22:34 2021-11-11] Launcher: Access Code Received.
[8:22:38 2021-11-11] 
Downloader: ERROR: "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" timed out!

[8:22:38 2021-11-11] 
Downloader: WARNING: "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" failed to download with code: 0!

[8:22:38 2021-11-11] Downloader: Attempting to try again downloading "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" 
[8:22:39 2021-11-11] Downloader::Update() local path = /Users/username/Downloads/ZwiftTemp/ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml
[8:23:10 2021-11-11] 

[8:23:10 2021-11-11] 
Downloader: WARNING: "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" failed to download with code: 0!

[8:23:10 2021-11-11] Downloader: Attempting to try again downloading "ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml" 
[8:23:11 2021-11-11] Downloader::Update() local path = /Users/username/Downloads/ZwiftTemp/ZwiftMac_1.0.87359_5745f4ed_manifest.xml
[8:23:42 2021-11-11] 

[8:23:42 2021-11-11] 

Same here :angry:. Did complete reinstall, doesn’t help - Zwift crashes at random times. Client updated two times already - still crashes. Also found out that it works fine on the background for some reason. (intel MacBook)

You could also try the 12.1 beta 2 available from Apple. This is what I’m using since yesterday and Zwift seems to work fine.

Your machine will need to be enrolled in Apple developer program.

I am running Monterey on my MacBook Pro (Intel Core i5) and Zwift (1.18.3) is crashing my device. I installed Zwift for the first time on this device today so deleting all Zwift-related files is not the solution given its never been installed on this device before and its the latest version. I wonder if the “multiple macOS Monterey users” have the M1 chip or intel?

I have a Macbook Pro i5 and have experienced crashing in game and also whilst pairing my trainer. All since upgrading to Monterey. Zwift said the latest patch should solve the issue but seems worse than ever.

1 Like

Why is this marked as SOLVED and closed?

Just updated to 1.19 and its still broken and cannot launch Zwift at all.

Updating to pre-release version of macOS is not a reasonable solution. Come on Zwift :unamused:

3 Likes

I was able to fix Zwift 1.19.0 by uninstalling the app. Before installing I deleted Library/Application Support/Zwift.
Then install took a while and it is working again.

Seems the patch procedure of 1.19.0 corrupted my previous Zwift installation.

Crashing again after yesterdays update to 1.19.2 (1.0.100145) (November 29 2021) :man_facepalming:. Previous seemed to work ok

Hi there, after having issues myself on an m1 Pro Macbook Pro I looked into the error message being produced. My symptoms where intimidate crash after trying to launch the app. There were no /Application Support/Zwift files to remove as this was after a fresh install. I tried manually launching the app from the terminal with rossetta to no avail either.

The fix (or workaround) I discovered after reading through the crash report was to remove the app signature, as the error message was “attachment of code signature supplement failed: 1 apple m1”. To remove the signature from the Zwift app, run this in your terminal: sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Zwift.app. It will ask you for your password, enter it, and hit enter.

This fixed it in my case, be cautious though and don’t start removing signatures from other apps you have downloaded as signatures are meant to prove the app came from a certain developer. It is safe in this case as we all know where we downloaded Zwift and who they are.

Hope this helps someone!

Ok, I spoke a bit to soon, This above just got me past the immediate crash. After logging on I would get a split second of zwift actually launching before it would just poof into nothingness, never to be seen again. The good news is I got it to work by additionally removing the signiture from all files (only the files, not directories) in the Application Support/Zwift/ folder. In short run this command one line at a time in your terminal and if all goes smoothly, your issue may be resolved.

replace “yourusernamehere” with your computer username
NOTE: some of these files may be named different on your machine, so just take a peek into that folder to confirm"

❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftApp
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/LauncherMac_ver_cur.xml
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/libant.dylib
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/libBink2Macx64.dylib
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/Zwift_ver_cur_filename.txt
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftMac_1.0.100145_b450422b_manifest.xml
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftMac_ver_cur.xml
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftMacCrashHandler
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftSetup.exe
❯ sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application\ Support/Zwift/ZwiftWindowsCrashHandler.exe